cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent deactivation of buttons in ESS during create expense claim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ESS frontend, it is possible to hide certain buttons which we do not want to show users.  Eg 'Display form'.  Each user can actually do a right click to hide the button but this is carried out as personal setting.  Is there a way where we can hide the buttons first and roll out as default hidden buttons to all users?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne

Did you check my KBA 1571877? It explains how you can hide a field for all users via the content administration in the portal and it is also possible to disable personalisation at user level too, this means that users can no longer hide or change the various UI fields if you require? (See 1895991 for clearing personalisation)

You can disable personalizations via the web dynpro WDY_APP_PROP_DEF setting with attribute WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION = X.

Hope it helps

Thanks!

Sally

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tan

Go to t code FITVFELD_WEB. Then check your Trip schema for travel expense( 01-Doemstic/International). if you go inside of this you will find many fields where you set the change to hide or not to hide button. You will find  standard format or alternative display type.

You need to change  alternative display type.

Thanks

Anwar Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Thanks for your reply.  However, I am aware of this configuration already.  The issue is with the buttons which Sally mentioned to be controlled at iView.  I will try it out.

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tan

Ya, you can try from  ESS portal configuration end.

Thanks

Anwar

Answers (0)