cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Upload steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

One of my client using budgets in excel (manual Budget), now they are going for budget profile config.

They have around 500 WBS elements for 3 projects, I am thinking to upload budget thru BDC program.

If anyone worked on  uploading budget thru BDC, can you please share some information.

If I go manual budget allocation directly in T-code CJ30 it will take much time right?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

the requirement you are saying is very small and can be easily carried out with manual input,hardly it shall take any time

so my suggestion is to avoid upload program ,as after upload again you have to go and check each and every entry.

always keep standard practice of using transaction CJ30 for budget entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushrut,

Will go for manual allocation for all 500 WBS elements in T-code CJ30.

And also i am not aware of Total up functionality, any comments on this.

Thanks

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when you carry out budgeting for child wbs elements then the budget is aggregated and totalled up to parent WBS element

below example can help you to resolve

WBS 1               200(totalled up budget of WBS1.1 and WBS 1.2)

WBS  1.1        100

WBS  1.2        100

it is a process to sum up and total up the values from lower level to upper level wbs elements(means 3rd level are sum and totalled up to 2nd level,where in 2nd level are sum and totalled upto 1st level)

in CJ30

select the budget column

then go to Edit tab at top of screen

and click on total up(F9)

this shall total up the budget values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your are not using the total-up functionality then it can be easily done via LSMW program.

In your recording->use Tranx CJ30->Enter your WBS->Select year/overall->Enter your Budget->Save.

Regards

Shishir