Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration server as logical system in IDoc to file scenario

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will we configure integration server as logical system in IDoc to file scenario or the RFC destination related to the port will be suffice?

For which logical system will the outbound partner profile configured?

Regards,

Gajendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In general , we can create a logical system and that LS to be assigned to a client not to IS , if you are workin with diffrent clients , i mean sending the IDoc fromone client and XI on another client then may be , but not sure...

Regards

Chilla

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I feel that the RFC destination linked to the port is the key here.

Because the scenario (IDoc to File) works in both the cases:

Case 1: Used the logical system as Integration server

Case 2: Used the logical system related to the file (third party) in the SLD.

In both the above cases the RFC destination points to the integration server.

Is this the case that in the XI scenarios (where IDoc are sent) the logical system name in the partner profile is just dummy and has not much significance??

It is the port that matters and once the Idoc reaches XI the routing takes place based on the configuration in ID.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gajendra.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Will we configure integration server as logical system in IDoc to file scenario or the RFC destination related to the port will be suffice?

in most cases you add a new logical system that acts as XI + RFC data

more step by step info:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

In idoc to file scenario u have define RFC destination to ur XI and use this RFC destination in the port creation and den create the partner profiles.

<i>For which logical system will the outbound partner profile configured?</i>

Partner profiles will be created always at the application side only.U need to create outbound partner profile in u R/3 system and use the relevant message type in the outbound parameter in ur partner profile.

Regards,

Prasanthi.