cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource still showing Product in Capacity view even when the PDS is deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Material which had 2 PDSes sometime back. PDS1 has Resource1 and PDS2 has Resource 2. Some time back PDS2 was deleted(version also deleted from ECC). So, now the Material has only one source of Supply PDS1(with Resource 1). There are no open orders of the past which were on PDS2 or say, resource 2. So basically Resource 2 should now have no connection with Material.

However, when I load Resource 2 in Capacity View and drill down at Product Level, I can still see the said Material in the list with other materials(for which Resource 2 is still valid). Not sure why the Material would now appear there. Also, when i try to create any order for this material in Capacity view for resource 2, it says- No valid PDS/PPM available-which is fine, but why would the material appear there in the first place?

This is happening for many other materials as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

This is due to superfluous SNP Master data since we store the planning object combinations in specific SNP database tables in order to accelarate the reading in SNP interactive planning and to be able to easily do the drill down, show dependent without evaluating the PPM/PDS in your case when using capacity view.

Please execute the consistency check report, transaction /SAPAPO/TSCONS, on the planning area used by your planning book in repair mode. This will remove the superfluous SNP master data.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille..

Thanks for the reply! You are bang on..

The only catch here is that we do have a cons check program running every day which was not correcting the issue..but when i ran it manually, the issue got corrected automatically....

The only difference between the job run manually and the one running daily in background is that the background run has parallel processing profile assigned to it while i ran it manually without any PPP..

I guess PPP is the reason it was not happening

Thanks,

Kunal

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

well I would suggest to not use parallel processing for consistency check report since when using parallel processing there is a package logic that can lead to the case that one package see the SNP master data as superfluous whereas another see them as missing. It is documented in the F1 help of the field for parallel processing of the report.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

As advised by Cyrille, run the consistency check and also run the consistency check for master data.

By the way, did you tried the WUF - (Where-used function) to check if anything existing for that product/resource for PDS2? it should show you if any old data still exist for that product/PDS (PDS 2). You can remove it from here, if anything existing. So, please check WUF for the product/resource.

Thanks,

Satyajit