Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the chapter id of a material after migo i.e, GR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we change the chapter id of a material after GR and before invoice, because the invoice is not taking the tax rate of PO as the chapter id is changed in the next month. So i want to change the chapter id of that material and then post invoice later change the chapter id as it is. Need suggestions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam

You can change chapter ID of material by MM02 or J1ID.

Regards

Parkash Chand

10 REPLIES 10

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam

You can change chapter ID of material by MM02 or J1ID.

Regards

Parkash Chand

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, I know that we can change but i want to know the effects of changing it.

0 Kudos

Dear Shyam Kumar,

Why are you changing chapter ID. chapter id is unique for group of material and it does not change unless it has been changed by the law.

The excise values are based on the specified chapter ID as per law.

The excise values change based on the chapter id. Kindly check with the excise department before changing.

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu,

We have raised PO and received goods with two GR, for first GR we have done Invoice with 12% as the exchange rate was 12% then, now my problem is for the second GR we have 10% tax in J1ID as of this month, we want in invoice tax should be for 12% instead of 10%. Can you give any suggestion.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos

Kindly let me know your tax procedure, TAXINN or TAXINJ?

0 Kudos

We use taxinj procedure

0 Kudos

Procedure to Change Excise rate from 12% to 10 % for TAXINJ Tax Procedure.

1. Change the Validity period of Excise tax rates in J1ID transaction code valid to date to 18.02.2014

2. Download Excise Tax rates from J1ID transaction code into Excel as it is. (Keep it in a separate file)

3. Now change the Validity period Valid from to 19.02.2014 and Valid to date to 31.12.2999 and upload the data into Excise tax rates in J1ID Transaction code.

If you have already captured & posts the Excise invocie then system defaults the same duties in MIRO transaction. MIRO fetches the duties from J_1IGRXREF table.

If your invoice needs to be posted with the old rates, try creating a new tax code and check it once in MIRO. Check first in Dev server and proceed.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

So u mean to say change chapter id and post invoice. Then after posting change the chapter id... Thanks

0 Kudos

I never said to change Chapter id. You should not change Chapter id as the materials would have assigned to the Relevant chapter id based on its heading. And all the material codes assigned to that chapter id will follow the rate assigned to it.

If you want to change the Rate for the Chapter id, then you will have to foreclose all the PO, GR, IR and change the rate in J1ID or you will have to create a seperate tax code if you want the old rate to be considered in Open invoices.

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I wil change the period and tax rate for chapter id in j1id..then i wil post the invoice.