cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where possible to set "Server name" for SMD Agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you try to appoint an agent (Managed System Configuration-> 3.Assign Diagnostics agent), I repeatedly get the error "Server name assignment'' on the agent'' failed""
Once I opened the "SMD Agent Administration" I saw that all my agents (list of agents in the tab "Connected agent") a blank cell in the column Server Name (<no server name>)
Can anyone help? What settings and where you want to install Server Name for SMD Agent?

Note: The menu item of SMD agent "Reset Server Name" - does not provide any effec

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

If you have registered the agent using smdagent script then it was simple

-> Stop the DAA

-> Go to usr/sap/DAA/SMD97/script (in command prompt (windows) or go to the path(linux))

-> use the command : smdsetup changeservername servername:"hostname"

-> Start the DAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

please proceed as per Raghavendra's advise.

After that please have a look the entry of  Servername in "runtime.properties" file blow listed path

/usr/sap/Dxx/SMDAxx/SMDAgent/configuration.

also have a look under agent admin the below URL

http://sapsolmanhost:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~smd~server~agent~admin/SMDAgentAdminApplic...

Hope this will also help you to fix your servername issue.

Regards

Mani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes! Thanks.

Sequence of steps to change was so
1. At the URL: http://<sapsolmanhost>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~smd~server~agent~admin/SMDAgentAdminAp...

I stop agent (corresponding drop-down menu item on the agent)
2. Produce commands from the console: smdsetup changeservername servername:"name of the server that I need"
3. Produce restart agent, similar to paragraph 1 (a start point in the dropdown menu)
4. Produce Update "Server Name" is similar to paragraph 1 (a start point in the dropdown menu on the agent name in list of agents)