cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand released to SNP on Holidays

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we release demand from DP to SNP, demand getting released on holidays.

Is there anyway that we can stop releasing demand on holidays?

We have attched a shipping calendar in which we have mentioned all holidays.

Can someone guide me the solution for this...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Create and attach a receiving calendar to the location .

Demand will be released only on days mentioned in the receiving calendar .

ie if the calendar is 5 days demand will be released on 5 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also try this

create a time stream using /SAPAPO/CALENDAR. you can set the week days here and also attach a factory calendar with holidays in it

create a storage bucket profile and attach the time stream to this

create the SNP planing area with this storage bucket profile

this should give you only working days in the SNP planning area

just a point to note: the SNP storage bucket profile makes sense when read with the DP storage bucket profile for release.

if you have a monthly and weekly bucket in DP and only weekly in SNP then you get weeks that are split along the month boundaries. there is a possible issue with consumption because of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

We have defined a shipping calendar which is attched to Location in APO. That calendar has saturday, sunday are mentioned as holidays. And also we have attached the holiday calendar to it.

Still demand is released on holidays, though holidays are defined in system.

Please let me know if any additional settings to be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeesh

Did you add the calendar to the TIMESTREAM ID as mentioned in the post. Then add the timestream to the Storage bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Jagadeesh,

I am trying to understand one thing here. You are saying you don't want to release demand on Holidays. Does it mean that you actually have demand and donot want to release it? What are you going to do with that? If I am correct, you should infact donot populate demand on holidays and just use weekdays.See my other , where I had the same problem and Somnath and Harish gave the perfect answers. See if it would help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

I assume he has a weekly DP bucket and when releasing to SNP in daily bucket he is finding demand on holidays. Some businesses dont accept seeing demand on a holiday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

we have demand for 10 day period, so we release demand once in 10 days for which we dont want demand in holidays though demand actually lies on holidays.

And the demand on holidays should be released on remaining work days with prorata basis.

For example:

Demand for 21st - 30th is 100 Tons. Holidays in that period are 24th & 25th, so demand should not release on those days.

What our users want is like this.

Demand in DP 100 For entire period demnad is 100 Tons

Day 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Demand in SNP 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5

Total demand should be always equal to what we have released from DP.

But this not working, demand is still releasing on holidays and one more issue has come that total demand which is released into SNP is gretaer than demand in DP.

Hope you understand the requirement.

Harish: We have added the Timestream ID to storage buckets profile which ic attached to our SNP planning area, still demand is getting released on holidays.

I think demand will be released to ATP categories in SNP, then how chaniging the planning area storage bucket priofile will help us as demand still shows in product view.

Please tell if i miss anything here.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the storage bucket profile will automatically be recognized while doing the 10day bucket to SNP 5 day week disaggregagation

did you delete all the released forecast and re-relase it after doing the storage bucket profile change?

you are right about the shipping calendar..

btw, another quick (and dirty ) way of doing this is to create another PA in DP with same POS and only the forecast and this time attach the storage bucket profile with daily buckets and with the (holiday )timestream attached to it (make sure you get the right aggregation level)

then step 2 would be top release form this new planning area to SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I cannot release demand from one DP planning area to other as both are incompatible in periodicities. I dont think we can copy data as well between two PAs having different periodicities.

Now we are back square, pls tell me if you have any ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can copy from one DP PA to another PA with a different periodicity (as long as they have one common periodicity) I suppose days is common in your case

"The system takes into account only those periodicities that are common to both planning areas. For example, if the data is saved in months in the source planning area but in months and weeks in the target planning area, the system copies to months in the target planning area and then disaggregates the data to the storage buckets in accordance with the Time-based disaggregation setting made for the target key figure in planning area administration"

will get back to you after checking out something else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Unfortunately, we dont have a common periodicty between two PAs, one is in only Tend day period and other one in days.

Our standard PA doesnot have days as periodicity.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you create this 10 day storage bucket? With fiscal year variants?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Harish, we have created fiscal year variants with 10 day period buckets and we have attached this fiscal year variant to storage bcket profile.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh ,

You could try configuring the results through the Period Split in the SNP Demand Profile in /sapapo/mat1 .

Regards ,

Prashant Kumar