Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add SAP AS Java to CUA

former_member285279
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

it's possible to add SAP AS Java Systems to the CUA (Central User Administration ABAP)?

I found some documents which pointing to that topic, but not realy clear for me.

SAP Library - Identity Management

Maybe you could provide some suitable documents or links.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The answer is no 🙂

Unless AS Java is connected to an ABAP system. in other words, there is 3 ways of configuring the source database of an AS java management engine :

- Local database

- LDAP system

- ABAP System

If you configure it as an abap system, user account and roles will be picked up from the ABAP source, then you can add this abap system to the CUA landscape.

But I wouldn't advise you that as CUA is not longer supported by SAP, here for you :

Fadoua

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The answer is no 🙂

Unless AS Java is connected to an ABAP system. in other words, there is 3 ways of configuring the source database of an AS java management engine :

- Local database

- LDAP system

- ABAP System

If you configure it as an abap system, user account and roles will be picked up from the ABAP source, then you can add this abap system to the CUA landscape.

But I wouldn't advise you that as CUA is not longer supported by SAP, here for you :

Fadoua

0 Kudos

Hello Fadoua,

many thanks for answer.

Yes I know, CUA is an old boy! 🙂

But we have a CUA already in palace and only the requirement to add one Java System.

I was looking through different information source like SNC and found some hints regarding a possibility to add AS Java to CUA.

Like this:

SAP Web AS ABAP User Management as Data Source (SAP Library - Identity Management)

Chapter: Configuring the UME Against the Central System of a CUA

All documentation's what I found was written on general level.

I didn't found any detail setup documentation's.

So I have to realize these point no longer to follow and think about an IdM solution.

Regards,

Jochen