cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF APO_DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use only DP and are in SCM 7.0. The forecast is transferred directly from DP to ECC.  We do not use SNP at all.The materials are CIf'd over from ECC to SCM. I am now being told that I do not need to CIF over the materials and this can be done using SBIW- Data transfer to Business warehouse.

The issue is that CIF model vai CFM1 has limited selection variables and we nned to restrict by some other materila master values and am being told that to do that I can use SBIW not CIF models.

Any thoughts/ suggestions on this?

Thansk,

Sarita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sarita,

Somehow things do not look right. People are right when they say you don'e need to CIF materials from ECC to APO if you are using only DP. This could have been just loading your custom Material infoobject with both Key and desriptions from SBIW. Since you have already CIFffed the data what is the harm in continuing with it. At some point if you get into SNP or PP/DS you will need them.

Thanks,

Subash

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear on what the question is

but you do need to suffer for the materials if you expect the forecast to go back to ecc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, if you only use DP in APO, you do not need to CIF the product/location master data to APO, unless you need to "check scm master data" when you create CVCs for DP. You may also do not need to CIF (integrate) the PIRs between ECC and APO I think, you can just release the forecast result from APO to ECC directly. This can be done in /sapapo/rel_to_oltp, or DP mass processing job with a R/3 transfer profile. This is very easy and practical. DP does not see those integrated PIRs at all, because DP only sees time series data, but the integrated PIRs are liveCache orders.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is this question still open?

Did you get your answer?

If you want to release DP to ECC directly (not via BW) then yes you need the material in APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently CIF over materails for forecast transfer back to ECC . I was told this ( getting materilas to SCM) can be done via SBIW- no need to CIf over. The reason for trying to switch this over is insufficinet fileds for CIF to SCM . We need more selection criteria in CFM1- integration models.

Hope this clarifies the request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarita,

The issue is that CIF model vai CFM1 has limited selection variables and we need to restrict by some other material master values and am being told that to do that I can use SBIW not CIF models.

Your colleague is right; you can use methods other than CIF to move materials ECC > DP.

However, according to your recent answer, it sounds like you are also using the CIF to transfer the forecasts back to ECC.  If you are using the standard methodology (/SAPAPO/DMP2), then the CIF for Materials and the CIF for Planned Independent requirements are both required.

It is a very common solution to enhance the CIF so as to permit additional selection criteria.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that response. Any suggestions for adding more criteria to the CIF model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarita,

This is a task for your ABAPers.  Start with notes

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/360089 and/or http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/360723

Best Regards,

DB49