cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ for getting EHP4 from SP3 to SPx

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am having a very hard time figuring out how I should configire my product systems, instances so I can successfully upgrade my newly installed ERP6/EHP4 system from SP3 to SP12. Whatever I do, MOPZ thinks that I am trying to upgrade from a plain ERP6 system to EHP4/SP12 and then later SUM rejects the stack saying that some of the components don't match!? Anybody out there that mastered this? I would be greatly thankful if you could share your experience and let's celebrate your success 🙂

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Did you have correctly registered our system in LMDB ? Do not forget to include Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6 in product versions of the system.

Best regards,

Nicolas Vander Auwera

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

thanks for replying and yes I think I did (have a look at the screen shot) I am just not sure what EHP4 product instance to pick?) Does this look okay?

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

It seems to be ok.

Could you provide the content under the tab "Software Component Versions" ?

And what are the options available in MOPZ when you have to choose the target support package stack ?

Best regards,

Nicolas Vander Auwera

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see that the Product Instance "Central Applications - EHP4 for ERP 6.0" is missing which is important for a ERP system.

Also please execute the landscape verification (this will be on the left side of the screen of the product system in LMDB) for this system in LMDB and add the missing usages.

Regards,

Nirmal.

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

The list under software component version is pretty long and it looks all okay even down to the SP stack patch level. Even the consitency check reports that all installed software is covered by product instances! I started MOPZ again and here are the screen shots (again I do no see that EHP4 is only listed in the target but not initial configuration? but maybe this is how it supposed to look like).

However when I continue I am not able to select an OS file instead I am getting this error. Not sure what I screwed up now and how to fix this?

Thanks!

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Your first screenshot clearly shows product instances details, but look at the installed column it doesn't have the tick mark.

In MOPZ, initial constellation shows the ERP 6.0 product version and EHP1 for netweaver 7.0, it doesn't read EHP4 which is installed in your system.

Please run the landscape verification in LMDB (Product Systems tab) and resynchronize technical system from SLD. Make sure you see the EHP4 for ERP 6.0 in product instance tab.

regards

kartik