cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2012 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm reading the Hardware and Software requirements to install  SQL Server 2012 and I´ve read the this point:

-The installation of SQL Server 2012 fails if you launch the setup through Terminal Services Client. Launching SQL Server Setup through Terminal Services Client is not supported.

Anybody has found with this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

People have faced issues while running setup of MSSQL 2012 using Terminal services Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2012.

Similar issue is discussed and resolved here

SQL Server 2012 setup fails immediately (Error result: -2067529723)

Best option to take remote desktop of the server and then perform installation using Administrator login.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanls Deepak,

But It's a virtual server and the access is from terminal services that is the same that remote deskop... I don't understand you when you said "Best option to take remote desktop of the server" It's the same tool.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben

Are you getting any error message in the terminal services? and also refer the SAP Notes

1676665 - Setting up Microsoft SQL Server 2012

1684545 - SAP Installation Media and SQL4SAP for SQL Server 2012

BR

SS

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

I have below understanding

Terminal Services is something like Citrix, a way to enable multiple users to run an application directly on a network server in a private folder. Remote Desktop is more like PCAnywhere. It allows you to create a connection through a virtual private network across the internet and work directly on the remote workstation as if you were seated at the terminal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please put the error where? (picture or phrase?

however I think the problem is in your PC. Read the error message that you place "Terminal Services Client is not supported"

Can you please try from another PC run WTS?

Best regards

Joao

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have successfully installed and/or upgraded SQL Server (including 2012) on VMWare instances via the Remote Desktop without any problems.  The only time I've found I had to use the vSphere Console (which is the closest you can get to being on the physical console for a VMWare instance) is when upgrading the OS itself.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please try:

1. restart your SQL Server

2. connect again via WTS

3. run the setup.

Best regads

João Vagarinho