cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Exception Error while Deploying DCs in NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have this following error while deploying the DCs into the AS Java.

"Deployment Exception during deployment phase [DeploymentException], cause=[ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [demo.sap.com_dc] failed] "

The DC which i created is a Dictionary DC Which contains Tables created from the entities in EJB DC.

Thanks

Teja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akunuru,

Please check the whole error stack trace? if the version of NWDS are different a corresponding message/hint is given at the end of it.

like I got.

i.e.: "...The given process model was built with a NWDS or development track of a higher version than the target runtime. Revision number of built process model: 4.4. Revision number of process runtime: 4.3. Please refer to SAP note 1600131 for details......"

Regards,

Atreyee Chandra

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akunuru,

Ideally, the version of your server (where you are trying to deploy the application) should be the same or higher than your NWDS. If it is different or incompatible, the build configurator might differ and that may cause some issues. The JVM version might also differ in case of Java Stack.

'I guess'  it is "backward-compatible" and not forward.

Try this document for configurations and compatibility.

Refer this thread for a similar concern like yours.

Hope it helps.

/Sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Did you find any possible solution? I am also getting the same error.

Regards,

Atreyee

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how about your .log file ?

See my answer at Mar 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

There is no log file in the ".metadata" folder. But just outside the ".metadata" folder, there is a blank log file created and another folder created with name "log" which contains deploy_0 file which has the following error:

[Error ]: [#0]: Deployment Exception during deployment phase [DeploymentException], cause=[ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [demo.sap.com_dc_XXXX] failed]

Your inputs to this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Atreyee Chandra

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please create another project type (a pure webdynpro project for example) that has a dc name only like test or similar and attempt to deploy it ? Is that producing the same error ?

Further, on the above screenshot sent in the original post there are many entries pointing to deployment exceptions. If you double click those lines, then can you reveal some more detailed error ? You know the current error I can see in this thread is too few info to tell what is going on.

If those fields are not clickable (I can't see on the screenshot what view that is) then please make sure to switch on the Error log view you can do in Window -- Show View -- Other ... -- General -- Error Log (or on lower releases it is called PDE Runtime error log or similar).

What is the version of your NWDS by the way, and what is the version of the engine where you intend to deploy ?

Did deployment work before or never so far? Can you perform a succesful deployment using the J2EE Telnet admin tool or any other deployers ? If it is NWDS higher than 710, then can you deploy using the Deploy View of NWDS (you can switch on similarly via window -- show view or open perspective)

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

We are following the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307336b8-098c-2d10-be9c-d41ae345f...

We are deploying this for the first time. Trying with a demo first. There was no successful deployment earlier.

The NWDS Version is 7.31 EHP1  SP 8

Version of the PO is 7.31 EHP1 SP 10

Is there any compatibility issues? Or some other reasons? Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards,

Atreyee Chandra

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately without detailed deploy log it is hard to tell what is going on.

Could you please add your system in the SAP Management Console Perspective (it is in Window -- Open Perspective -- Other ...).

Could you please add your system there if it was not available and let me know whether it is "green" everywhere ?

Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The Versions of NWDS Version is 7.31 EHP1  SP 10 and  PO is 7.31 EHP1 SP 8. NWDS is being deployed in the lower version of PO. Can this be the problem?

Yes, I have already added the system and it is appearing green. Also find the screenshot of the error log.

Thanks and Regards,

Atreyee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The versions of SAP PO and NWDS are same. Just the SP is different. I have gone through few links, it was mentioned the SP of NWDS can be equal to or higher than the SP of PO. Can the difference in the SP cause such  error?

Or is there some steps I am missing while integrating NWDS with PO?  Can you please share a link with steps of integrating SAP PO and NWDS.

Regards,

Atreyee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your help. The error I was getting is resolved. It was due to Higher version of NWDS (version including SP and PAT needs to be considered).

On checking the stack throughly I came up with the error:

"The given process model was built with a NWDS or development track of a higher version than the target runtime. Revision number of built process model: 4.4. Revision number of process runtime: 4.3. Please refer to SAP note 1600131 for details......"

One thing learnt:- First thing you need to check is the exact version of SAP PO including the Service Pack and Patch Level.

You can check this from:

1. Directly through the URL::   http://<host>:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

2. From http://<server>:<port>/ -> System Information -> Component Information

The NWDS should be either less than or equal to the version of SAP PO. You need to check all the details including Service Pack and Patch level.

Ex- If the version of your PO is 7.30 SP 08 PAT 0000

You cannot deploy SAP PO server with 7.30 SP 09 PAT 0000 nor 7.30 SP 08 PAT 0013.

You can consider 7.30 SP 08 PAT 0000 or less than that.

*** In our case, although the SAP PO and NWDS are of same version i.e 7.31. But the higher SP and PAT of the NWDS was giving the error.

Regards,

Atreyee

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the ".log" file available in the ".metadata" folder of your NWDS workspace as it might include more detailed error description.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

The dictionary DC does not have a deploy log file ,but contains a build log file which does not contain any error messages and shows a message of successful build.  Does that mean there is no problem in the DC which i created ?? or just an error with the AS java??

Regards

Teja