cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Location Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we run the location heuristic, the system generates a purchase requisition on the location on the holiday, 28th March, 2007.

Business Scenario :

Our depots (receiving locations) have holidays on different days of the year depending on which state they belong . Supply chain has to be modelled in such a way that location heuristic run should not generate a purchase requisition on the depot on a day which is a holiday.

We have configured the following steps :

A public holiday has been maintained say on 28th March (Wednesday), 2007. This has been attached to a holiday calendar. The holiday calendar in turn has been attached to a Factory calendar. All these settings have been done in SPRO. The factory calendar has been attached in the location master (depot/destination) as receiving Calendar.

Can someone guide me if any other settings to be done...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish ,

What settings you have done in SPRO for Holidays/HolidayCalender/Factory Calender are fine .

But you need to assign a Time Stream to Receiving location in Location Master.Time Stream is the planning calender that is based on factory Calender in which you can define the days of work with gaps or without gaps .

Just go thro the Location -->Calebder Tab Page and Receiving Calender & F1 help in field .Here you can define the Time Stream (Days or weeks )and assign to that location and see what are the working days in it ,in thired tab page of Time stream ID i.e.Periods

Help says :"<i>

Shipping Calendar

Is a planning calendar (time stream) that is based on a factory calendar

and is represented as a continuous time stream

Use

The shipping calendar is used to schedule shipping activities. A

shipping calendar valid for the entire shipping function is assigned to

a location.</i>Hope this will solve your problem...

Regds //Digs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digambar

I couldn't solve one issue regarding the planning calender

Our company has a three day delivery period from the customer order date unitll the requested due delivery date

tha Factory calender has 5 days from Monday untill Friday as working days

with shifts from 00:00:00 to 03:00:00 & 03:00:00 to 24:00:00

and the shipping calender has 7 days with the time frame 00:00:00 to 03:00:00

When a sales orders are created for the saturday,sunday and monday

the purchase requisition for sunday and monday are pushed to tuesdays and the purchase requisition for saturday order is on the same day itself

I have to set the calenders in such a way that for saturday sunday I should be getting Prqs on Friday and planned orders on monday and friday as there is no production on saturday and sunday

I have tried various ways by extending the shipping calender on friday till 24:00:00

but I'm not getting the required output

Could you guide me thru the checks to be performed to solve this issue

Thanks

Maanav