cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long text in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In one of my component, i want to use long text,  user will enter more than 2000 characters, this text i want to save and later i have use in the smart form

could any one please help me

Thanks

Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

You can achieve your requirement as below

• create a data element zde_long_text of type CHAR with length 2000
  • Add a field my_long_text in ZTABLE by using data element zde_long_text
  • Now, create an attribute in context by using field MY_LONG_TEXT
  • Create ui element TEXTEDIT or FormattedTextEdit to enable user to enter long text and bind the value to context attribute MY_LONG_TEXT
  • Save data to ztable and later you can retrieve it whenever required

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram for ur reply

will get back to u

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

According to your suggestion in my component, i have created textedit Ui element, binded to context of char with lenghth 2000 attribute , please check the screen shot, after entering the Ok button, what happens , could your please tell me the process

Thanks

Vijaya

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I think you have not bind the property VALUE of text edit ui element to the context attribute. Hence on OK button action, the values are getting cleared.

Please check the binding once. If binding is fine, then check if you are setting the context attribute's value on ACTION.

If the issue still exists, please share the snap shot of text ui element property.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

while trying to create domain with CHAR of length 2000, i am getting error please check the snap shot

want to store 2000 characters  could you please help ,

Regards

Vijaya

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Oh, I can create the domain with 2000 chars in my system.

There are standard domains available with length 2000,

Try to search the domain as below

•      Go to SE11, click on domain and press F4
  • Now, type data type as CHAR
  • Length as 2000 and click on OK

Now, you should get some domains, use them

If you don't find it, we have no choice you have to go with the length suggested by system.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Why don't you go for STRING type. you can use that in Se11 under Predefined Types directly.

former_member217916
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

You can also store your string in parts in a table where each part is a size which is allowable by your system.

One of the ways in which I have done something similar to your requirement is save comments in 1002 info type. This info type stores long comments in parts. It basically has the provision of dividing a large string into small parts which linked together.

You can try something similar to this. There are some function modules which can help you achieve this.

Regards,

Karan