Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling FPM application from another FPM application

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've created 2 FPM configurations, one displays the list of POs created by the user through a List UIBB and the other displays the Header and Item of the PO when selected.

Scenario is that when I should click on the PO (which is a link) in my 1st application, I need to pas the PO number and some other details to my 2nd application and display the PO header and Item. My all Config is purely UIBB based and I'm not using webdynpro at all for designing any views, everything is designed using FPM UIBBs and feeder classes only.

what I need to know is:-

1) how can I pass the data between 2 different FPM applications?

2) how to call and display my 2nd Application on the same page when I click on the link of 1st application? I need the BACK functionality as well.

3) how to get the data into my 2nd application from 1st application?

Plz suggest.

--

Best Regards

Jitin Kharbanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jitin,

The best option in your case would be to open a new browser window with the second application and pass an URL parameter along with the document number.

Then you can read the URL parameter in the second application. Please see how this can be achieved.

Embedding another FPM application into an already opened FPM application (e.g. by embedding a freestyle UIBB and loading the second FPM application from there) won't work as the FPM runtime will cause a dump saying that two instances ofthe FPM are not allowed.

If you MUST embedd your second application into the first one, the only chance that comes to my mind is the merge the configurations of both applications and pass the data via singleton / wires / events. Please see

Regards, Uwe