cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Reprocessing of Failed Messages in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Asynchronous Scenario: SAP > PI > 3rd Party System. I'm using ABAP Proxy.

I am monitoring via Runtime Workbench - Adapter Engine - Database (Overview) for the message being transacted. We have the columns: Error, Scheduled and Successful.

We are experience high number of messages passing through PI, and sometimes the connection with the 3rd party goes down. When that happens, the messages are on the Scheduled column and later on goes to the Error column because of Connection Timed Out.

Is there a way that when the connection is already up, the messages in the Error column will automatically be reprocessed?

thank yoou.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel,

I am new in SAP PI, my previous experience is on webMethods. There's a function in webMethods call resource monitoring to take care this kind of target system availability.

My team are trying to use a small batch job to check registered target system, if return status is good then filter related error transaction and retry them.

Do you have any idea/update since your post on 2014?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Co Lit - I have some webMethods background as well and such a behavior does not exist in PI. In PI, you would need to work with the rescheduling jobs or stop the same from the source.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel - Eng Swee has already provided you with the steps to increase the retries.

But if the third party downtime is scheduled(known), then may be you can consider stopping the relevant job in ECC for that duration. That way you got a better control and good performance too.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this discussion out too.

If you are on 7.11 onwards, you need to make the setting for Adapter Engine in NWA instead of Visual Admin.

Java System Properties -> Services -> (filter by Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

scheduling background job to run report RXSMB_RESTART_MESSAGES should do this job.

It resttarts by default 800 times by default, customize accordingly before scheduling job.

Search on SDN on this topic, you will get many hits.

Some of them:

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-aut...

--Divyesh