Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - Add multiple TR

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having 100s of transport requests which I need to add to STMS.

Is there a functionality, to add them together and not each step-by-step?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You may prepare a shell script with command for all the TRs and then execute it .

It will add all the TRs listed into import queue buffer.

tp addtobuffer <Reqeust> <SID> pf=<path of transport profile>

You can use excel to prepare the list faster

GPRK900012 tp addtobuffer GPR pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/XXX.PFLtp addtobuffer GPRK900012 GPR pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/XXX.PFL

Last column should be prepared using concatenate command. Later just drag the formula and you will get command for 100 TRs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

it is a windows machen.

So I need a btc file I think.

But it is my first time to create this.

How can I do this?
Just create a .btc file in directory usr/sap/trans/bin with following entries:

tp addtobuffer <Reqeust> <SID> pf=<path of transport profile>

But this can't work, as there is not exectuable included which is named "addtobuffer" or a similar one...

Maybe you can give me some further advise windows-based.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to read this thread with same problem:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

make a batch file with content:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/tp addtobuffer <Transportnr. 1> <SID> CLIENT=<Client> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/tp addtobuffer <Transportnr. 2> <SID> CLIENT=<Client> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/tp addtobuffer <Transportnr. 3> <SID> CLIENT=<Client> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/tp addtobuffer <Transportnr. n> <SID> CLIENT=<Client> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Transportnr. X> is the Transportnumber of the transport you want to add.
<SID> is the System Identification of your SAP-System
<Client> is the Client you want to import the transport later with the import command.

In transaction STMS: Overview -> Systems -> double click on system with label (Transport-Domain-Controler) you can verify the name of the tp-config file. In field Profl. you find the name of TP-config file (TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL)

After you have created the batch file, save it and start it. Please make a test with only 2 transports. If you make a mistake the impact of the failure is not so hard.

P.S.
If you want to import the transports later in a special order you can make a batch file with the command:

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/tp import <Transportnr> <SID> CLIENT=<client> U1 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for fast help and providing a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad I could help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is not possible from the SAP GUI. It offers only adding one by one.

But the best way is Deepak's proposal. Anyway, you have to execute commands one by one, but it is still easier then clicking it in SAP GUI. Or you can prepare a script and put "tp" commands into it.

Kind regards