cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SHD0

Former Member
0 Kudos

D Friends,

I want to create Transportation Zone in Sales Office address config as mandatory. I'm doing it through SHD0 and entering T.Code OVX1. But I'm getting err: "Variants are possible only for dialog transactions. Message no. MS417". How to solve this? I've searched the forum but exact solution could not be found. Pl suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OVX1 is  a parameter transaction for maintenance view V_TVBUR.

You cannot again create a variant for same.

Use another or create your own for the view V_TVBUR.

Regards

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between dialog transaction and parameter transaction?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the following note:-

• Note 331360 - Transaction variants are not always possible

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Dialog transaction, is linked to dynpro (screens) of ABAP program. When the transaction is called , dynpro flow logic of abap program itself is called. Eg: t.codes like  MM01,VA01..etc.

In Parameter transactions, we can preassign values to the fields on the initial screen and therefor the initial screen is not displayed.

Eg. in case of a view maintenenace, we can goto T.code SM30 and then enter the view name and then again press enter, then only we will go inside the maintenenace view.

if we create a parameter t.code then we can  assign the value of view and skip the initial screen.

Also this provide a layer of security, as we will be able to link authority objects and assign to user.

Regards

Sree