cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI integration with documentum by ECM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a reqmt wherein the file is coming as pdf in a file location. I have to develop a pass thru interface to read the pdf in PI without doing any mapping and pass on to documentum server. I was pondering and browsing through the links regarding this scenario but got only one or two which is not much helpful. I really wanted to understand the ways to integrate this in PI.

File (PDF - File adapter ) ---> PO 7.4 ----> Documentum

IF documentum can integrate using web services, how do I send the pdf file in SOAP receiver ? Any other thoughts ?

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

We have some File->SOAP interfaces that transfer the files unconverted to our partners via SOAP web service.

On the File sender side, it will pick up the file, no mapping it executed. Then on the SOAP receiver side, the channel is configured to not use the SOAP envelope.

With this setting, the payload in MainDocument (which is what is picked up by the file) will be transferred as-is to the target SOAP URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys  for the replies.

can we pick up multiple files such as on one pdf, one xml, 2 .txt files from the source location using file adapter and additional files options where in all the above 4 files will be send as attachments without altering to receiver soap adapter. In this case, what would be the receiver soap adapter channel configuration? same as do not use soap envelope or anything else?

My business scenario is to pick up 4 files above from the source location together and send to the soap receiver without altering the files. so my idea is to keep a dummy file as the main file name and poll every 1 minute or so to pick up the actual 4 files as attachment and send to soap receiver adapter. I still have to figure out how do I identify the file names to be picked up as attachment files. does it really based on the main file name always or we can use asterisks and other file name formats here?

thx

mike

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

If you have multiple files as attachments, you can additionally set the "Keep Attachments" option in the SOAP receiver.

On the File sender side, the files that are to be sent as a group need to have a part of them that are identical, ie file1.done, file1.txt, file1.pdf, file1.xml

You can refer to the SAP Help link below for more details too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/692ab8a4b633eae10000000a1553f6/content.htm?frames...

The way that the files to be transported are grouped together is defined by the file names. All file names must be identical except for a defined part (such as the suffix).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try make use of additional files in file adapter?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/404ee507-3fbc-2e10-00bc-be90ab28d...

in the soap adapter(not the one shown in above doc) you have an option to check keep attachments.

if you want to retain file names check this

Regards,

Muni.