cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate antivirus program or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
I am aware that we can activate an antivirus profile for the gateway, and I also expected to activate that.

But now I am told, that the existing WebDynpro doesn't use any antivirus profile, and therefore I should not worry about that for the Gateway services (where I need to upload and download files).

Can that be true?

I can't belive that, but need arguments and documentation, that we should activate the antivirus profile in Gateway.

I have found this, but I need also to argue that WebDynpro and Gateway antivirus isn't the same (if it isn't):

SAP Virus Scan Interface (SAP Library - Secure Programming)

Anyone who can help/guide me?

Thanks

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of virus scanners falls into the security remit. I would be very surprised if enterprise security are OK with unscanned files being loaded into their system of record

Typically, virus scanning won't be activated in DEV unless unit tests are required. Activation in QA and Test systems is more likely, and I would expect it to be mandatory in the PRD environment.

Ultimately, this decision is the system owner's.

Regards

Ron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ron,

Is there a default Vius Scan Profile that is suitable for Gateway? I see 20 standard profiles that are in the system but none of them seems to be dedicated for Gateway.

I see two HTTP related profiles but they don't seem to be for Gateway but for file upload.(/SIHTTP/HTTP_UPLOAD and /SIHTTP/HTTP_DOWNLOAD).

Any advice?

Best regards,

Fons

Answers (0)