cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully installed Lumira Server in a DEV environment.  I am able to see Analytical views which I created from my browser but when I attempt to publish from the client I receive the following error:

Error - The dataset could not be published to SAP Lumira Server because publishing to the SAP HANA layer failed.  Reason is ''. (HDB 11009)

We followed all the steps in the guide

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lumS115_user_en.pdf

We're raise a ticket but I'm just curious if anyone has seen this issue before.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barnaby

for me that sounds like an security/authorization issue.

Can you please check if your user has sufficient rights? Or can you please just do it with the SYSTEM user?

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

We granted all the access mentioned in the guide.  Can you let me know what else is needed?  I also tried with SYSTEM (with the additional LUMIRA Server roles).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please have look into note 1823771 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not believe this note describes or is related to my issue.

Just to be clear Lumira desktop is functioning without issues I can open and use HANA analytical views without any issues.  I can also see these HANA Analytical views from within Lumira Server.

The issue I have is when I try to publish a new or modified data set of story board to Lumira Server I review the error mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still thinking about a security issue:

Before users can publish content to SAP HANA, they must be assigned specific
privileges and roles. These roles and privileges are also required for
retrieving data from SAP HANA. Use the SAP HANA Studio application to assign
user roles and privileges. For information on administrating the SAP HANA
database and using SAP HANA Studio see SAP HANA Database – Administration Guide.
For information on user security, see the SAP HANA Security Guide (Including SAP
HANA Database Security).
The user account used to log into the HANA system
from Lumira must be assigned to the "MODELING" role (in HANA).

Note:
This action can only be performed by a user with ROLE_ADMIN
privileges on the SAP HANA database. When an SAP Visual Intelligence user
logs into the SAP HANA system, the internal _SYS_REPO account must:
• Be granted the SELECT SQL Privileges.
• Have the Grantable to others option selected on the (SAP Visual Intelligence) user's schema.

To configure _SYS_REPO for the SAP Visual Intelligence user

If an account for the Lumira user is already defined in the SAP HANA system:
1. From the system connection in the SAP HANA Studio Navigator window, go to Catalog > Authorization > Users.
2. Double-click the _SYS_REPO account.
3. Under the SQL Privileges tab, click the + icon, enter the name of the user's schema, and click OK.
4. Choose SELECT and the corresponding Yes under Grantable to others.
5. Click Deploy or Save.

Tip:
You can also open an SQL editor in SAP HANA Studio and run
the following SQL statement:
GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <user_account_name> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION

If your user has this rights, I dont have an additional idea up to now

Former Member
0 Kudos

I granted and still receive the same error.

I do not believe it's permission based since any other lacking permission give an error which says so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barnaby,

Thanks for creating this thread -- I've removed the comments on the previous document.
Can you please PM me that Ticket #, I'll investigate this internally.

//bijan

Former Member
0 Kudos

255630 (sorry I though BASIS raised the incident yesterday)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks -- I'll watch this ticket; let us know if something else ends up working for you.

//bijan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw an update to the ticket which read:

1) Publishing Datasets and Stories based on "Connect to HANA" using SYSTEM was failing as SYSTEM was not a member of sap.bi.common::BI_DATA_ANALYST

2)  Publishing Datasets and Stories based on "Connect to HANA" using a user that was a member of sap.bi.common::BI_TECH_USER was failing

.. and subsequently Note 1995325 - Error when publishing Lumira to Server     was published .

Did that get you to your solution?   Kudos to @  for the turnaround.

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did get Barnaby up and running which was the main thing. I have more investigation to do about the impact of combining roles in the same user. In general my recommendations at the moment are:

• Create a dedicated user for the sap.bi.common::BI_TECH_USER and do not assign that user any other sap.bi.common roles.
  • For users that you want to use Lumira Server keep it simple and only assign sap.bi.common::BI_DATA_ANALYST or sap.bi.common::BI_DATA_CONSUMER depending on the worflow they will execute.
  • There are lower level sap.bi.common roles that are rolled up into sap.bi.common::BI_DATA_ANALYST and sap.bi.common::BI_DATA_CONSUMER that should not be assigned directly.

Based on the results of my tests I will work with documentation to improve the wording in the User Guide for Lumira Server.

Thank you

James Anderson
SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome work team!

//bijan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to publish a dataset built on a Universe over SQL Server from Lumira v1.23 to SAP BI 4.1 SP5. I get the error message

"Unable to retrieve datasets. Error retrieving dataset information from SAP BI reportsitory {0} (HDB 05412)

I am aware that in BI 4.1 SP5 we can now publish Lumkira visualisations into the CMS and retrieve them again without needing SAP HANA platform.

Thanks,

Chris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris - this is closed thread, so please create a new thread, and if/when you do, please state whether you have the BI platform add-on for Lumira.

Thank you

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Development team is working on some improvement on post config experience for the future release of Lumira Server. Please stay tuned for the release and details.