Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding best practice

kg2020
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

What is the best way to deploy NWGW?

We recently architected a solution to install the 7.4 ABAP stack which comes with Gateway. We chose the Central Gateway HUB scenario in a 3 -tier setup. Is this all that's required in order to connect this hub gateway to the business systems ie ECC? Or do we have to also install the gateway add-on on our business system in order to expose the development objects to the HUB? I'm very interested in understanding how others are doing this and what has been the best way according to your own experiences. I thought creating a trusted connection between the gateway hub and the business system would suffice to expose the development objects from the business system to the hub in order to create the gateway services in the hub out of them? Is this a correct assumption? Happy to receive any feedback, suggestion and thoughts.

Kind regards,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

My understanding is that in the HUB scenario you still need to install an addon in to the backend system (IW_BEP). If your backend system is already a 7.40 system then I believe that addon (or equivalent) should already be there.

I highly recommend you take a look at by

Hth,

Simon