cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plunging into SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have total 9+ yrs of SAP MM/WM/SD experience experience (and over all 16+ yrs) all through implementations and rollouts.

Now I am feeling stagnated in my career; SAP HANA is a buzz word.

Wanted to move into it after doing certification; but have the following queries:

1. Will it be a right decision to move into it without any prior BI/BW experience.
  2. Will I get an entry into new projects of SAP HANA.
  3. Does BI/BW experience preferred over other SAP module/functional  experience; in which case it will be a difficult enviro to compete.

The market I am working in is US and Australia.

Please suggest;

Thank you.

Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i think having no prior experience in BI/BW cannot stop you from entering into HANA .

We have some shining examples in our community like and many others.

Also in my team, It is filled with "Freshers" who are very good at SQL. Considering those facts i think with kind of experience you have nothing can stop you from entering into HANA

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

lucas_kiesow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Agreed,

I also do not believe that you require any prior knowledge in BI/BW in order to work with HANA (I don't have a strong background there either). Basic understanding of databases and SQL is surely a plus, but it's nothing that you can't read up on. Plus, judging from your background in MM/SD, you also bring good module knowledge to the table. There is plenty of good material available in our training courses and on help.sap.com, plus a strong community here on SDN, so finding sources of information at this point in time should not prove to be too difficult.

Regards

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

guess this answer is for HANA for BI and Analystics

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

akalok
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member