Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collate IDocs from a vendor

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am using SAP 7.1. I have a scenario where the PO is sent from ECC to File. The interface is triggered hourly and both header and line items pass through it. We are using SFTP at the target. We have a requirement where the IDocs from the same vendor should be collated. If six IDocs come in an hour and if  five pertains to the prticular IDoc then we need to collect all the five Idocs and then the mapping should work for the sixth IDoc.

Is it possible?

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>. If six IDocs come in an hour and if  five pertains to the prticular IDoc then we need to collect all the five Idocs and then the mapping should work for the sixth IDoc.

What do u mean by - then the mapping should work for the sixth IDoc??

U want to collect idocs for same vendor type and then send the bulk message to SFTP?

If yes, then why don't u collect idoc in ECC for same vendor (using idoc packaging) and then send idocs in a single bulk to PI?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

The interface is triggered every hour and all the IDocs generated in the hour will be sent to XI. Basically it's like this, one PO- one IDoc - one xml file to the target. We are sending one xml file for each IDoc and we are not using collect option. Also we are using SFTP also.

By the mapping should work, I meant, the IDoc processing should be like in any normal scenario. It shouldn't collect.

So you suggest that it's better to collect Idocs at ECC end? Is it possible to collect for a single vendor type alone at ECC end?

Thanks

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

pleae check the below discussion, you can collect the idoc in PI based on the timing, but you need to find the way for per vendor.

AFAIK - SAP collect IDOC works for no of idoc and not for time, but you can check for the batch processing. Collect the idoc and process through batch every hour.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version of PI u are using.

BTW, it's certainly possible to collect idocs of same vendor type in ECC and send in a bulk to PI, but for PI to receive the same in single mesage u need atleat PI7.1 EHP1 in ur landscape.

In case u are not on the version which i have specified above then look for other alternatives

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I think you are using same Idoc type for all vendors, in this case collecting IDocs based on the spefic vendor type is not possible in ECC.

You can achieve this requirement using ccBPM , in receiver determination check the condition if the vendor type is single vendor type then call ccBPM process else call different SFTP business component.

You are going to develop one operation mapping,message mapping for non single type vendor types and going to process these records without collecting it.

Single vendor type records going to collect then send it.

correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Hmmm.....could u please explain why it's not possible to collect PO idoc of same vendor type in ECC?

IMO, he can create one partner profile of type LI for each vendor (and if needed use different message code/message function for each partner in case he wants to send different data) define packet size and schedule RBDSTATE job.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can achieve the result by using a simple BPM for IDOC collection with a time of every 1 hour and using corelation to collect for similar IDOC variant.

Thanks

Anand