cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control- Copy Item Number??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

While setting up copy control from Sales doc to delivery we have an option to check/un-check the below:

Control Data tab:  If you select the check box Copy Item Number on the Control Data tab, the items would retain the same item number as in the sales document.

my question is: what if we don't check it?

What if we keep it unchecked? what ill happen? will SAP not keep the item numbers as it is? if not, how will it reshuffle it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

When "Copy Item Number" check box is left unactivated, System doesnt reshuffle the item number in delivery, instead it uses numbering pattern which is mentioned in the delivery type configuration setting(Tcode OVLK, Field ItemIncrementNo)

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks,

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect!

Thanks.

Will try this out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't check them, and you merge two or more SO in one delivery, then it's possible than some values for POSNR will be repeated. So, the key for table LIPS is the fields VBELN POSNR. When system will try to INSERT in table LIPS, you will have an error (a dump, if my memory works). Avoid it, you have available the info in the fields VGBEL and VGPOS

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the answer....

Merging would lead us to an error. I understand it. But not completely as I need to try to figure out what u r suggesting here.

Really appreciate your help