Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning - CVC creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have the below characteristics now in my Demand Planning MPOS

Product, Location, Region, Sales Organization, Ship-to, Sold to, Category, Status & Planner

Status is used to differentiate between the active and inactive CVCs in the system and it can take only 2 values as an example 100(means an active CVC) & 200(inactive CVC)..

Planner is the person responsible for forecasting. This value should be based on the unique combination of Product, Location, Sales Organization, Ship-to and Sold to..

I have 2 questions:

1. How can I make the Status value default to 100 when the new CVCs are created based on the Info cube and manually..

2. How can I automatically fill the Planner values based on the unique combination both in batch and manual creation..

Please share your ideas..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi, you should use BAdi /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER with method COMBI_ENRICH for your two challenges.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, So do I need to use both the BW routines when data loading to cube for the creation of CVCs based on cube and the said BADI when I create the CVCs manually to default the status values to 100 and populate the planner value based on the rule..?

0 Kudos

Hi

The BadI will cover both scenaris for you: interactive CVC creation (manual) or in the background. Below is some key elements for you found in the documentation:

The COMBI_ENRICH method is called up when characteristic combinations are created (manually or automatically generated), before the combinations are stored in the InfoCube. As a result the user can change characteristic value combinations  before they are saved. The method has the following parameters:

• Importing: IV_BAS_PLOBID - Master planning object structure
  • Changing: CT_PLOB_VALUES_TAB  - The table with characteristic value combinations to be created

You can change existing combinations or derive new combinations.

references:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, one of the reference links helps..will wait to hear from other experts also and close the thread..

In satish's Q2: the DP Planner is not the same as mrp planner/controller..and this particular value should only be populated from the rule explained above..

Cheers

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

For Question#1 :
- While loading data into Infocube, Within Data transformation Start Routine or End Routine can be used to populate default value of 100 for each record.

For Question#2 :

- You can try to create Planner as an attribute to your main characteristic.  Planner field can be populated based on fields Material Master field like MRP Controller or any other field. Or APO Product Master (MATKEY and MATLOC) field can be used to build logic to update "Planner" attribute in Characteristic.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Q1: Thanks..this is seems to be the solution for us..

Q2: Planner is a characteristic already exists..need to be populated based on the rule explained in my query..how to achieve thiswhen data is loaded into the cube itself..

our idea is what ever the data default to active CVC and the population of planner values happens , we would like to happen when the data loading to Cube..and want the CVCs be created based on what ever record available in the cube only..

When the cvcs are created manually(by an option) how do I insure that the Status values default to active and the correct planner is automatically  populated based on the rule..