Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your scenarios?

heetatt_ooi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

There have been some interesting questions asked about SAP Operational Process Intelligence in other discussion threads.

A question to SCN members who are interested in the product, could you please briefly describe the scenario for which you would like to (potentially) use SAP Operational Process Intelligence? It would be particularly interesting to hear from those of you that would use SAP Operational Process Intelligence in your own IT landscape or also from a consultant's perspective.

Thank you and best regards,

Hee Tatt.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a chance to prepare 2 simple POC's for customers using OPINT on AWS. It is pretty easy to use NetWeaver BPM processes. I really liked the OPINT about how easy to create scenarios on NW BPM but I had really trouble to find documentation about OPINT. The only document I could use is the PDF of the Hands-on Session of Teched 2013.

I would like to get more information about integration with 3rd party BPM tools. Is the "SAP Event Stream Processor" (mentioned in blog post ) the right tool to achieve 3rd party integration ? Are there any alternative to test/practice 3rd party integration feature on AWS system ?

I also wanted to try Power Designer but it was only possible to use it for 15 days. It would be great to have the possibility to try whole "Intelligent Business Operations" suite together.

Thanks.

Abdul.

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

there are official guides for installation, upgrade and development for SAP Operational Process Intelligence available on help.sap.com:

SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Best regards,
Stefan

heetatt_ooi
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Abdul,

in Stefan's link you will also find the Developer Guide. The part you are interested about 3rd party integration can be found in Chapter 4 Modeling a Business Scenario, where the different participant types are listed.

Instructions on how to add a 3rd party system is found in Chapter 4.3 Adding Participants from Third-Party Systems, where you will find a step-by-step description.

Regards,

Hee Tatt.

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll check the developer guides for further details.

What is your opinions to use OPINT only with 3rd party tool. Is it still meaningful to position OPINT in such case ?

By the way, I used the following link on the opint server to install the eclipse plugin:

/sap/opi/pv/updatesite/

It would be great if this plugin is also included in the SAP Development Tools for Eclipse website. 

Thanks,

Abdul.

heetatt_ooi
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Abdul,

yes, SAP Operational Process Intelligence supports both participants that are from SAP and also 3rd Party Participants. So it does not matter if you have all participants that are SAP systems, all 3rd party systems or a mix of both.

Regards,

Hee Tatt.