cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Project Version (CN72 / CN41)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where a department build a project in CJ20N, then take a snapshot of that project using CN72 capturing the WBS structure and any Networks / Activities within the structure. They store this as an 'approved' snapshot. Later they add a further WBS element which they wish to add into their already taken snapshot so as not to change the WBS elements that already exist in the snapshot previously taken, but simply update that snapshot with the new WBS element. My questions are:

a) Is it possible to manually update a project version in this manner without having to create a new project version key? A new version key would mean that any changes made to data in CJ20N on the elements which existed in the original project version snapshot would then include those updates from CJ20N thus not showing the 'approved' version as it was previously.

b) Would another solution to this be to use status dependant project versions - would these update an existing project version if a new element was added to the structure but we didn't wish to overwrite the existing data in the snapshot for the existing elements?

c) A simulation version might be another method but I don't believe that you can raise purchase orders etc against a simulation version unless it is copied into the operative version in CJ20N.

Any answers of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

as business requirement is,

to update the planned versions,it is not possible

versions are the snapshots and cannot be updated manually or by any means,

to do so every time you have to take a new version and get the approval for the same

any changes you make to the project can be compared with the already created version,so you can have a comparison of current data verses version data

once again i confirm that you cant change version or manually update it

Answers (0)