cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log file in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how can I create simple text file as a log file and then show save dialog as a popup window to the user? I think about presentation server. Any ideas how do it? Thank you in advance.

BR

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simplest way is to use UI element FileDownload or set it dynamically with ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE. Set the properties so that the file is not recognized by the browser. That way the user will be prompted to either Open or Save the file.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Is your requirement is to have a text editor in WD application and user fills it and when click on save a dialog box should appear for confirmation? and upon confirmation, the text needs to be saved as log.

If so, you can do it as we it in abap by using standard function modules.

Create methods in assistance class and pass the text editor content to method and by using standard FMs you can create log by using the content.

Please refer the below link ( to know about function modules )

SAP ABAP: Write to SAP Application Log

To show popup confirmation in WDA

how to use confirmation popup in WDA…

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you do not want to create log and send it to the user. It probably would make no sense (depending on it's meaning). User probably only wants to see the output and log maybe should be saved to the application server, what you can do with the dataset command and you surely can search for examples.

Also - did you try to search for "webdynpro abap popup" words? I believe you would find the solution quicker than waiting for a reply here.