cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5.0 Implementation Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends, 

We are implementing SAP PPM 5.0 for our client. We are facing following mentioned issues.

1. SAP Help Link :- SAP Help Link in PPM is working fine for Project Management tabs, However the same is not working for Portfolio Management/Resource Mmanagement ?

2. When creating a project from a Portfolio Item the name of the Project Template becomes the name of the Project. Is this a standard functionality ?

Please help.

Regards

GYB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the same problem in 5.0 SP 14.

This is a bug in the SAP DFM functionality.

I have a "horizontal Sync"  in both ways working perfect.

But In "Initial Create" creating from the Item with a project template linked, nothing happen in the project description..
The "Short Description" or "Description" still in blank like the Project template was.

After creation in both ways work fine.

Lasham, do you have some OSS notice about this problem?

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can answer the 2nd question - the synchronization of attributes using DFM is standard. You just need to check the DFM attribute sync settings in IMG under Common Functions. I believe the standard delivered config should already have this mapping, but check the attribute sync settings. I typically do a 2 way sync for the name will be the same regardless of whether it is updated at portfolio item or project level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked this configuration node for maintaining attributes for synchronization scenarios and found all in place.

When I create project from portfolio item its get created keeping Template as Project name, However when I revisit the Item and change the name the same get reflected in Project.

which configuration node I have to visit to create project name same as item at first save.

Please suggest

GYB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

I think this is a program error. I am experiencing the same issue and I am getting the same result as you. I have just created an OSS message for this.

For your reference, the config node is "Maintain Field Mapping" under common functions > DFM > attrib sync. Main and sub grouping PPO, scenario Initial Create, source and target field SHORT_TEXT. If all of these settings are in place for you and it still does not work, then I think it's an SAP error in your system as well.

I would be interested to know if it works in your system and your current SP level. I am on PPM5.0 SP11.

Thanks,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Lashan,

Yes I am using PM5.0 SP11. I checked above mentioned config and found that I have following entries maintained which I feel logically correct.

Scenario ID

Source field :- PROJ_DESCRIPTION - Item Name

Target field :- DESCRIPTION - Project Element name

What is your openion  on this.

GYB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct... the field is not SHORT_TEXT as I had initially stated. I suspect that one of the SP's may have introduced this error, since I have set this up (or it even may have come pre-configured as standard config) in the past and do not recall having this issue. Will let you know the outcome of the message I created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you guys get any note?

I could not find one. And strange its still not out.. Im recently moved to SP11 from SP10 and the problem started..

Thanks,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're seeing the both issues in our implementation also.

We raised the problems with broken Help links to SAP several weeks ago, but so far have heard nothing and there's been no resolution.

Regarding projects created from a Portfolio Item inheriting the template name, it's annoying to have to open the project and change the name, but that's what we're doing. I'd prefer projects to inherit the Portfolio Item name rather than the template. Fortunately, you can open the project directly from the Item.