cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attestation SP09 : Eval attestation failed: Status=2 Text=0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone tried to make attestations work?

Those are my steps :

- Upgrade IDM components to SP09

- Assign a user to a Privilege

- Attestation task configuration (notification @ initialization + exception task on reject)

- Modify MX_ATTEST_TASK and MX_ATTEST_NEXTDATE on privilege by a job

- Houskeeping actions and intervals checks (frequetly)

Result is :

- Dispatcher pickup the date and launch the procédure to initiate the attestation.

- Intial Email  is triggered.

- But at dispatcher logs I got this error message "Eval attestation failed: Status=2 Text=0"

- Nothing in mxi_attest_pending_action table or in TODO tab

mxi_attest_state table says that status 2 is "Rejected", while the exception task is not trigerred....

I'm starting to think that I'm missing something here. is there any other options to activate?

Thanks,

Fadoua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadoua,

The message in the dispatcher log is a mistake, and can be ignored. Your attestation is initiated.

The attestations are currently not available in the TODO tab, and are only reachable through the REST interface.

See this note for general information about attestation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_72/helpdata/en/c6/5a8c7867bb42eeb7de8db8e2c5a2e5/content.htm?fra...

And these for the specific REST calls to list and process the attestations:

Get Attestation Requests for Current User - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management REST Interface Version...

Execute Attestation Decision - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management REST Interface Version 2 - SAP Libr...

Hope this helps.

Best regards

John Erik Setsaas

Senior Development Architect, IdM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you John, this limitation isn't mentioned in any documentation or sap note related to SP09.

Do you have an idea if attestations will be supported without deploying REST URI's in next SP?

I'm still wondering about one last thing , should initiated attestations appear as a pending entries in mxi_attest_pending_action table? or is this table is used for other purposes such as "pending delegations"?

Cheers,

Fadoua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedbcak, Fadoua,

I'll review the documentation.

A note about the wrong error message has been added.

Well get back to you regarding timeline for UI on this.

Some technical background: There are three tables involved in attestation:

* mxi_attestation: This holds one row for each role/privilege being attested

* mxi_attest_entry: This holds one row for each role/privilege member being attested, as well as the state of the attestation for this user

* mxi_attest_pending_action: This is the queue of attestations which are yet to be processed. Entries appear in this table only very briefly, unless the load is high, so normally this table will be empty.

Please note that you should never make any changes to these tables.

Best regards

John Erik Setsaas

Senior Development Architect, IdM

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I configured an attestation task at the role level with notification task. Update the MX_ATTEST_DATE and MX_ATTEST_TASK .I have imported the message templates and it appears in database.

I do not receive the notification email , also I do not see the message template category "MX_Attestations" at  the IDM ADMIN UI.Is there any thing that I am missing to do?

Thanks & Regards

Anam

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anam,
              can you start a new thread as per the rules of engagement. This will be now locked.

Thanks,

Chris
SCN Moderator for IdM Space

Answers (0)