cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service BOM from an EBOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an implementation going on for an automotive customer and they require generation of Service BOM. When the EBOM is created, how are the components identified as serviceable components and how is the SBOM generated?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

you can e.g. use classification for the eBOM.

Steps:

1. create a class e.g. SERVICE with class type 067 with CL02 transaction

2. create a characteristic e.g. SERVICE_RELEVANT with CT04 transaction with a value YES and assign it to the class above with CL02

3. assign the class to the Assembly Item which is service relevant and set the value to YES

The SBOM (any type of BOM) can be created with PSS or with RCA (Planning Scope).

See SAP help:

Synchronizing a Product Structure or Assembly with a Manufacturi - Guided Structure Synchronization ...

Routing Component Assignment (PLM-WUI-APP-RTG) - SAP Library

Best regards

Tamas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Petzel,

Since the customer is an automotive major, they need configuration Mgmt and high variant MTO scenario.

Thanks,

Prashanth

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

that's what I thought :-). Thanks for the feedback.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Rakoczy and Mr. Petzel,

Thanks for the both the responses since I was deciding between proposing the customer the solutions iPPE or Standard.

Now I can propose iPPE and provide the solutions.

Thanks again,

Prashanth

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why iPPE? Are they using it already in engineering?

Regards, Ulf.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

it's much simpler to do as well. In any material BOM, regardless which usage, each item in the BOM has a flag "Plant maintenance" on tab "Status/Long Text". This flag is interpreted in BOM explosions. So in essence even the engineering BOM itself could be used for service/maintenance.

Please also check Plant Maintenance documentation for further details and options of modeling BOMs in the service context:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/cd/dafbd84ab011d18a0f0000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Regards, Ulf.