cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see any content in NWBC even after designing structure through PFCG Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

As this is abit new for me , It would be helpful if you can share your valuble inputs on this particular issue.

Even after the role is designed in PFCG, When trying to check the same through NWBC, there is no content that is visible.Only the webdynpro added are visible.

Can I know what is difference between adding a T-code and adding a Service( authorization default values )  in PFCG Role Menu ?

Will adding only Service wont server this purpose ?

Is it mandatory to Add T-code in role menu inorder to fetch data through NWBC or is there an alternate way available ?

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda

I have updated the screen shot.

Screen shot one refers to role menu & and another referes to NWBC Desktop client.

Inspite of Adding Services , NWBC does not load any content that is available in role Melu.

Regards

Sunil

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the issue with the "Location" node or the "Transportation Zones" node (that's what you highlighted in the NWBC, but not shown in the PFCG printout)

Two suggestions before for testing:

a) In the Node details, do you set the Visibility to "V" (i.e. Visible)

b) PFCG changes will NOT be reflected immediately within NWBC. You would have to reload the navigation tree from server (e.g. Try restarting your NWBC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean

Thanks for your suggestion , But the node is already in visble mode.

And it is not only w.r.t Location, for any Node that is maintained as a service in PFCG Menu , is not visible in NWBC.

Wanted to have information.

Is it mandatory to add a T-code along with the service to make it visible in NWBC ?

Or is there any other way to do it?

Regards

Sunil

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I sure don't see any issue with the PFCG setup for your "Location" Folder.  However, I can't see how you setup the PFCG Node under the Location Folder (e.g. Is node Visible, Is Launch Std). You could take a look at my sample screen below for reference. 

If it still does NOT display ... then I think it would be a bug. Turn on your IE debugger and post the error message (if any).

NWBC Screen:

PFCG Role: Folder Setup

PFCG Node Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I'd suggest you take a look at the help guide here Navigation Tree - SAP NetWeaver Business Client - SAP Library note the section:

For NWBC, you can insert the following objects in the menu tree:

• Transaction code
  • Web Dynpro ABAP application
  • BSP application
  • Web address or file
  • Generic Web address (URL template)
  • Web client UI applications

So if you want something to be visible in the menu in NWBC you need it to be one of the above. In your screenshot you have added a Service Authorization (I think)... that won't show you anything in the menu.

Hth,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Applozise for ther late reply & thank you for your input provided.It would be helpful if any one can confirm me on these particular front.

We are not supposed to add any transaction Codes in the Role menu , It has to be done manually through authorization tab. So In this particular scenarious If I have to make that content ( Transaction code ) visible in NWBC  with out adding T-code it in the Role Menu , what is the way forward..?? is there any alternate method available make it visible in NWBC ?

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As far as I know that is not how NWBC works, you must add items to the menu for them to be visible, having the authorisation isn't sufficient.

BRgds,

Simon

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil

If they want to go through the Roles (i.e. Security team); there's 2 way to get around it. One is to used the SAP Easy Access Favorite (aka SAPGUI favorites); the other is to create a new Page Builder Home Page, and let user add their own transaction to that page.

Cheers

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean

Thanks for the information, I am trying an alternate methode to make the functionality work.

I do not want Transaction code Technical names to appear in NWBC, Can you please confirm how can that be done ?.

I have already checked in personalized tab , Show Transaction code is also not checked. Can you please help me in this particular regard.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably a bug .. On my end (ERP6 EHP6), if the "Show Transaction Codes" are unchecked, then the Tcode will no longer appear in my Work center.

HTH ...

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Could you please post a screenshot?

Thanks and regards

Melinda