Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to locate WDAdobeControlSetup.msi" in NWDS 7.3.00

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing a maybe simple to solve problem. I've installed Adobe Livecycle Designer 9.0 and downloaded and used NWDS 7.3.00.

The I created a WebDynpro for Java Application with a view and some context data. Then I created an interactive Form and filled in the nessecary properties. When I try to edit the interactive form the ALD should open. But instead a message box pops up saying "Unable to locate WDAdobeControlSetup.msi; See the NetWeaver Developer Studio installation page for details."

I've checked the installation page and could not find any solution. I also tried the same with another NWDS (7.3.11). I checked the FAQ of this forum.

I've looked for the msi an could not find either in the NWDS installation nor the ALD installation files.

I'm running the software on Win7 64bit with restricted user rights.

Hope someone had the same issue - and solved it.

Greetings,

Horst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all who may be interested,

I found a solution to my problem.

For NWDS 7.2.XX when you started the developer studio following msi installations where done in backround:

• Microsoft Redistributable Runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1 (x86), version 8.0.50727.4053 or higher
  • SAP RFC Library for 32-bit Windows
  • SAP Graphics Chart Control
  • SAP Webdynpro IDE Form Designer Control

The last msi is responsible for interaction between NWDS and ALD.

For NWDS 7.3.XX these msi installation have to be done manually. The files can be found under following Link: https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730/doc/prerequisites.html

Hope this helps other who have the same RTFM troubles.

Greetings,

Horst

Answers (0)