cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM query re SAP Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

In extraction phase SUM lists notes to apply. We apply the ones that are valid for the current release and SUM ignores the ones that have status "cannot be implemented". This works fine with developmen system. In QAS, we import the transport for the notes in advance however how do we get the ones that cannot be implemented addressed. Basically sum reports them in QAS as well and has to see the notes downloaded from SAP backend with the status cannot be implemented. The only way to download notes is to set the system to modifiable. There has got to be a different and proper way to do it rather than download these notes for SUM to validate again. Does any one know. Please advise.

Regards

kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

check my blog on this question:

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant. Just what I needed. Thanks very much. Should have searched scn first..Apologies my mistake. Was in a hurry and needed quick answer. Hope you understand. Thanks again.

Regards

Kalyan

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be much better, if such important information will be mentioned in the SUM update guide,

or within the SUM-step which requests the additional sap-notes.

before and during updates, admins have to read a lot of sap-notes, wikis, blogs, ................

i just scanned the SUM update guide (SP09), there is no entry about this

neither the report name nor the sap-note is mentioned ......

Answers (0)