cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude interfaces from Alerting

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to exclude interfaces from Alerting - PI Alerts on PI 7.11 dual stack. Any ideas or views please share.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma - If you are not interested in creating interface specific rules.. create one rule in outlook to move them into another folder.. just ignore as after all i feel it's not about improving some performance

Unfortunately, i don't think we can apply some rules before sending emails from SAP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh.

Thanks for your reply. But the thing is if the system is alreted it would be triggered to HD to create some tickets.. so i want to prevent that in some ways for known issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Have you seen my last reply? It is the way to exclude on an easy way, i have taken this solution months ago and runs correctly,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes if the landscape is less and if we have few interfaces we could do to exclude few interface from not alerting, I agree. But my question is different, we have a bigger landscape and for all interface i need to set alerts except very few. say some 5-10 to exclude.

So if i set generalised alert rule for the other interfaces thru '*' , hence these 5-10 also would be falling on to it and would be still alerted.

Anyways i can consider your reply and try to propose. Thanks.

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

The only way is create onle single alert per required interface.

regards,

Roberto.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

For this you have to do the changes in Alert rules in RWB.

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean to ask is..if we have 'n'number of interfaces, and if we configured genreal alerts for all and want to exclude only '1' , how you could do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

You should try to find the not common word or characteristic of this interfaces in order to set the alert rule properly. You must link the message with "yes" and then specify a interface name.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>if we have 'n'number of interfaces, and if we configured genreal alerts for all and want to exclude only '1' , how you could do that.

It's not possible, since u have configured one generic rule with no restriction so that means all the interfaces will come under the purview of this rule. The only option is segregate ur rules.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava