Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Insufficient privilege: Not authorized at ptime/query/checker/query_check.cc on hdbsequence

Hi All,

I am currently trying to create a table (TOPIC) and a sequence (SEQ_TOPIC_ID) in HCP, and a XSJS service on top of it to insert a entry to the table.

In my XS project, I placed a TOPIC.hdbtable and SEQ_TOPIC_ID.hdbsequence in it. Both table and sequence are generated correctly in my trial account schema in the hana db.

Then,in order to grant the access to the table and sequence , I also placed a file model_access.hdbrole in the project folder.

The content looks like follow:

role i065831trial.bubuwork.TopicCenter::model_access {

application privilege: i065831trial.bubuwork.TopicCenter::Basic;

sql object i065831trial.bubuwork.TopicCenter::TOPIC : SELECT,INSERT;

sql object i065831trial.bubuwork.TopicCenter::SEQ_TOPIC_ID : SELECT, DROP;

}

The issue is, when I call the XSJS service from the web url, I will facing below error:

Error while executing query: [dberror(Connection.prepareStatement): 258 - insufficient privilege: Not

authorized at ptime/query/checker/query_check.cc:2547]

the role has been granted to my account, and I am able to insert to the table TOPIC without sequence with above role setting, but If I try to read the SEQ_TOPIC_ID, an insufficient privilege will shown up.

My question is: Is following line correct to grant the privilege to a role for sequence ? It does not seem to work for sequence  !

sql object i065831trial.bubuwork.TopicCenter::SEQ_TOPIC_ID : SELECT, DROP;

Thanks very much!

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question