Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro on other WebAppServers?

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this question is probably not welcome here, but is it possible to deploy WebDynpro applications to other application servers like jBoss?

If so, I would like to test my applications on jBoss because it does not need so much resources than WAS.

What beside the application itself has to be deployed?

Thanks

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: Web Dynpro on other application servers

Hello Ivo,

what do you mean by "rendering framework which is build in Web AS"? I never heard about such a thing and I should know

There is the possibility to deploy and run Web Dynpro applications in Tomcat but this is not officially supported and is only used for internal testing.

Regards, Armin

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

can you - unofficially - tell me how I can achieve this? Would make my life much easier, because my notebook only has 512 MB.

Thanks in advance

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

I just wanted to point out that it is technically possible to run Web Dynpro applications in other Web app servers. But it is not supported and not recommended.

Regards Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about now (almost 4 years later) ?

I really need a solution to develop and test Web Dynpro Java applications locally on my laptop.

The trial version of NW2004 is expired after 90 days.

Now, I can't test my WD apps locally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

this is an open forum, so all questions are important and welcome Web Dynpro requires Web AS and currently does not support any other application servers. The reason is that Web Dynpro requires services like a rendering framework which is build-in Web AS for performance and managebility reasons.