cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Gateway behind firewall issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are implementing SAP Fiori for a client. They have installed NW Gateway on SAP ECC (Embedded approach). SAP ECC (and GW) are behind firewall and they cannot be accessed externally.

I would like to know how do I use WebServer/Reverse Proxy to access NetWeaver Gateway and oData services through firewall.

Any guidance / document / cook book will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

To access SAP NW GW Server in secure way (HTTPS) in your requirement , which is behind Firewall, one can use SAP Web Dispatcher as Reverse Proxy in DMZ which can redirect all URL

based communication to Internal Server Landscape from External Landscape.

At 2 firewalls level  (external Firewall and Internal Firewall) specific rules can be designed & deployed to facilitate secure communication using SAP Web-dispatcher. This will require proper communication with your NOC team and Testing in Development Landscape.

Even additional Internal Web-Dispatcher can be installed to load balance the incoming requests as optional requirement.

In your requirement, the communication path can be as following :

Mobile Device > External Firewall > SAP Web Dispatcher > Internal Firewall > SAP NW GW Server

To get more information about SAP Web Dispatcher configuration for such requirement, please refer this web link.

Please take the example of following System Landscapes where SAP
Web-dispatchers are used as Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer to provide Secure
non-transparent communication.

To get more information about SAP Web Dispatcher configuration for such requirement, please refer this web link.

I hope the above information will help you.

Regards,

Bhavik G Shroff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

It is a job for URL re-writing in proxy server. What kind of proxy server do you have?

If you do not have any, you can use SAP Web Dispatcher.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG