cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more SWAP to SLES11 (linux)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m preparing an installation of a SAP system on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (SLES11) and during this preparation, I´m reading some recommended SAP notes. I´m reading the notes 171356 (SAP software on Linux: General information) and 1597355 (Swap-space recommendation for Linux) and now I need to add more swap space to SLES operation system but I don´t know how to do that!

I have 6Gb of RAM memory in the server.

When I ran the command swapon -s this is the result:

Filename    Type  Size Used Priority

/dev/sda1                               partition 2103292 0 -1

So, I believe the SLES has 2Gb of SWAP space, am I right?

How can I add more swap space? I found the following site but I don´t know if it is correct. Can you tell me how can I do that please? Can you guide me?

5.2.3. Creating a Swap File

http://centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-swap-adding.html

Best regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepanshu Sharma,

I believe that your recommendation is exactly the same process that is described in chapter "5.2.3. Creating a Swap File" at the link that I mentioned in my first message (5.2. Adding Swap Space), am I right?

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

The commands mentioned in SAP guide are correct and you can definitely use it to add more swap value.

Refer example in link http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/System-Administration/How-to-add-swap-on-SUSE-Linux/td-p/3990866#.UyrMk...

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Yes it's same.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak Kori,

In which SAP guide you found that information? I don´t see that information in any SAP guide.

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Sorry my bad. I thought you have used the screenshot from SAPguide. Hence did a mention on that.

You can refer the link which I shared earlier.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)