cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many full life cycle implementations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I am trying to better understand what constitutes a full life cycle implementation. We first implemented in North America (global headquarters, 2 years project), then we implemented in Europe (1.5 years project), then APAC (1 year project) and then Latin America ( 1 year). Does this constitute a single full life cycle implementation or is it four separate full life cycle implementations?

What about when acquisitions and mergers take place? When we acquire a company, we have to do an SAP implementation too. Does that constitute a full life cycle implementation too?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

Full life cycle means ASAP method, Project Preparation, Business Blueprint, Realization, Final Preparation and Go-live. Whatever time you mentioned for each project it looks like you did full life cycle for each of those. One full life cycle could take minimum 8 months to 2 years max.

So, it looks like you did 4 full life cycle implementation if you went through all the steps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I do agree with your definition. And we did a new ASAP for every region, mainly because the business was so different in each area. We were also physically located in the region for the entire duration of the projects. A perk of being an SAP Consultant

That said, I was recently having a difficult time convincing one of my interviewers that it was multiple life cycles and not just one. But then again he went on to dismiss pretty much all my SAP experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be different region wise as requirements should be different per region. But the steps are same. you may configure differently for diff region. You should tell them confidently. Whatever they are thinking does not matter. They also see your confidence level.

So, they sometime try to confuse you.

Thanks