cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a particular characteristics is not coming in inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have maintained master records in QS21 and QS61 for a particular characteristics, but still it not coming in the inspection lot created.

Please help. we have also updated inspection plan with all the MIC, still of no use.

Kindly let me know the steps mandatory for creating inspection lot for process orde.

regards,

anjali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

thanks for your reply.

yes you are partially correct.  initially a particular characteristic was not coming in the inspection lot.

So we maintained, record in QS21 and then in QS61 for that characteristic.

again the inspection lot was created, still that characteristic didnt come.

so we checked inspection plan, the inpection plan was created from before but it didnt have that particular chracteristic.

so we maintained that characteristic in the plan.

still, the inspection plan doesnt display that charcateristic, when inspection lot was created.

Should we still, go to QAC3 and follow your instruction or something else needs to be done.

Please suggest.

Regards,

anjali

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, you need to reset the inspection plan  i.e use QAC3.

Pl understand the logic. Inspection lot generates wrt inspection plan. Any change made after the generation of inspection lot would only take place once you reset the inspection lot.

Therefore, reset it and you'll see the MIC for Result recording.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u want to use QS61 (Material specification) then Insp with mat. specification should be active in QM view.

if inspection lot is created first and then insp plan was changes(new char were added), then the new char will not appear in insp lot.

for this goto QAC3

then fo to qa02, in inspection specification tab change key date to insp plan change date. assign task list button.

save

now check

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnk u all for the answers.

I am very new to QM.

this is the issue we recieved from users.

the inspection type is 05 and in MM inspection type is activated wrt task list.

So i dnt know we need to maintain MIC in QS61 or we need to create inspection plan.

thing is when user is creating inspection lot he is not getting only particular characteristic in the lot.

so we checked whether all the MICs were maintained in QS61 and i also checked inspection plan.

can you please guide the steps to create inspection lot.

the inspection lot is created automatically when doing GR mov type 531.

the inspection lot alos has process order mentioned in it.

please let me know for more informations

Regards,

Anjali

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the statement you made, it seems that user didn't find any MIC in the inspection lot initially. Then you maintained the Mat spec and Inspection plan. IN the material master, Task list is set against the 05 inspection lot, Right?

So now you need to do following in order to enter the results.

• In the inspection plan, assign the MICs for which you need to enter the inspection results (this has been maintained I guess).
  • Since the inspection lot was created earlier before the task list maintenance, therefore any change in the task list doesn't impact inspection lot.
  • Therefore, you need to reset it (If the status is REL). Go to QAC3, give inspection lot and enter. In the next screen. click on Save. It will take you back to initial screen. Click on tab Inspection lot, then Insp. Specifications> Change the Key date to Current> Task list/spec.> Next tab 'Sample'> Click on Smpl.> Save.

Now go back to result recording screen and enter the results.

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another thing if it is not 03 inspection lot,

You are using QS61 (material specification) for the inspection, but you have also maintained the MICs in the inspection plan. That raises a doubt !!

What have you maintained in the material master for this inspection type? Is it inspection wrt Task list or Mat specification??

I believe you had tried activating 'Mat specification' there for your initial requirement. But you didn't maintain the link with a Class characteristic (which is required when you assign a MICs in QS61).

Then you would have maintained it in Inspection plan (but in material master, Mat spec is activated)

Please confirm what exactly is happening in this case. Is it 03? Or some other issue??

Pl check all these and if possible, share screens.

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of inspection lot are you trying to create?   If you are trying to create an 03 inspection lot for a process order, the mic's go into the receipe of process order, not an inspection plan.

Craig