Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating Repository procedure

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create design-time object Analytic privilege in which it uses repository procedure.

To create a repository procedure I am using wizard Database Development - Stored procedure  with File format Text(.hdbprocedure)

PROCEDURE "AUTH"."excent.poc.xsapp::IN_AUTH_ATTR" (

OUT VAL "AUTH"."excent.poc.xsapp::Auth.tt_attr"

)

LANGUAGE SQLSCRIPT

SQL SECURITY DEFINER

DEFAULT SCHEMA "_SYS_BIC"

READS SQL DATA AS

l_cnt INT;

BEGIN

END;

I see that it is creating as Catalog procedure instead of Repository procedure.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I see that it is creating as Catalog procedure instead of Repository procedure.

Why do you think that?  Its not possible if you are using .hdbprocedure.  That must be a repository procedure by its very definition.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am thinking that repository procedure is created using .hdbprocedure. Is my understanding correct?

After creating the .hdbprocedure, In analytic privilege I cannot find under the Repository procedure.

How to create repository procedure?

Regards

Raj

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I am thinking that repository procedure is created using .hdbprocedure. Is my understanding correct?

Yes hdbprocedure is absolutely a repository procedure. I think the earlier poster hit it exactly that the problem is in the Analytic Privilege itself that it incorrectly doesn't know the newer hdbprocedure format. I would suggest using a .procedure instead of the newer .hdbprocedure in the mean time.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

I will go for .procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Just create the procedure inside your content which will actually be a repository based procedure and then you can use this in the Analytic Privilege.

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

If I create through content then specifying tabletype as output ("AUTH"."excent.poc.xsapp::Auth.tt_attr") is not feasible.

I am using AWS HANA SPS7 revision 70.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you mean that after creating the procedure using .hdbprocedure, you are not able to find it in the "Analytic Privilege" under repository procedure instead you are finding it under catalog procedure?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Krishna

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it the same behavior with .procedure as well?

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me it is working well with .procedure but with .hdbprocedure i see the same issue you are seeing,

So for now you may want to create using .procedure

May be in the further revisions, this is also taken up for .hdbprocedure to correct.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu