SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Write off FP04M on insurance object level

nol_vanderhoven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the mass write off transaction FP04M.

Is it possible to create a write off document for each insurance object under a business partner.

For instance, BP A has 2 insurance objects 1 and 2.

The write off creates 1 write off document for both insurance objects together.

What I want, is that the write off creates seperate write off documents for each insurance object.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Noël Vanderhoven

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Noël:

You need to change your parallel processing variant and identify your check level in posting area 1052.  Those are the settings which impact your results.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill.

Thanks for your quick response.

I only can choose between GPART and VKONT as parallel processing object. Not VTREF.

And what do you mean by identify check level? How do I do that?

Best regards,

Noël

0 Kudos

The check level defines the object access - not sure if VTREF is available.  check the posting area to see the possible values.

0 Kudos

Noël: Were you able to solve the requirement? I am also looking for the processing at VTREF level.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

IN Posting Area 1052, specify Check Level 04 - Contract check. Thats the field PREBE,

Try it out.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi :

I set the check level at the contract in posting area 1052 and also configured parallel processing object VTREF for the Mass activities 0095(Mass write-off). But still the grouping is not happening at the contract, instead, the grouping is happening at Business partner level. This is causing the creation of write-off documents at business partner level causing the account determination to happen at VTREF level, where the created write-off document comprises multiple cost center assignments.The other problem is the selection of VTREF is not available in the General tab of FP04M, where we are forced to input GPART even though the parallel processing object is VTREF.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekaran,

I don't think it is possible to split the write off document number at VTREF level. If it is a must for you, you can always give VTREF number as input screen of write off General Selections -> Custom Selections. In that case you have to run the FP04M multiple times, once for each of the contracts.

On the otherhand, I am assuming your contracts are having different account determination IDs. So, as per posting area 0120, you will anyways have separate revenue/expense accounts posting even if you have a single write off clearing document created.

The write off document will post the receivable/payable GL account as per the source items that you are writing off. And it will post at expense account /revenue account as per the account determination ID of the source document.

Is your multiple FICA document requirement is based on anything other that GL posting?

Thanks

Bodhisattwa