Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter value in RZ11 and table TPFET differs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

In order to check the value of several parameters in a SAP system we have in place a procedure that analyze that value against the table TPFET. In general it works pretty well (as far as you also consider the values defined in the kernel of SAP whenever there is not information in TPFET) but we have found one or two cases where the data look wrong.

In particular, for 2 SAP systems we found that the value for an specific parameter was fill with some value in TPFET (login/multi_login_users but i guess the parameter is not relevant) but thru RZ11 the value looks empty (more precisely, the standard value, the profile value and the current value were empty). The only thing "strange" in TPFET for this value was that the column PSTATE shows "M" value.

So the questions are:

1) Do know why TPFET value differs from RZ11 one?

2) What does "M" means in TPFET-PSTATE?

Thanks in advanced,

Félix

7 REPLIES 7

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

1) Do know why TPFET value differs from RZ11 one?

There is a two tables  TPFYPROPTY   and TPFET

1. TPFYPROPTY - In this table all standard values ( profile parameter values) will come by default ( RZ11).

2. TPFET - This table is related to you RZ10 profile parameter values

2) What does "M" means in TPFET-PSTATE?

M means Modified standard values in RZ10 profile parameters

find below link

Difference between maintaining parameter values... | SCN

Thanks

Siva

0 Kudos

Hello

Where did you get the information on TPFET-PSTATE field ?

There are modified parameters that does not have that 'M' attribute.

I've been searching all the sources that uses that table and I was not able to find the meaning of the values in that field.

It could have meant 'pending modification' => updated in profile at FS level but not yet active in instance (RZ11)... but it is not that either

Regards

0 Kudos

You change parameter values in RZ10  and see TPFET-PSTATE  value that particular parameter.

thanks

0 Kudos

Checking carefully what happened with this parameter thru the different versions of PROFILE I can see that the value showed in TPFET (USER1,USER2) was active until version 23 of DEFAULT profile. 23 is also shown in TPFET-VERSNR. Now the active version of DEFAULT is 35 and this value is not shown (neither was shown in version 24).

So, could be that "M" in TPFET-PSTATE means that the value shown is the last one that was active but is not active anymore? Just guessing...

Thanks,

Félix

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of going directly to DB tables I would suggest to try to find FM or class that provides API for you. Check class CL_SPFL_PROFILE_PARAMETER. It has method GET_ALL_PARAMETER that gives you list of all parameters. Then method GET_ALL_VALUES gives you various values for the parameter.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Probably you are right, but the procedure in place and working pretty well is based in checking tables so I´d like to maintain it. In case we find out that is not possible then we would reengineering it.

Regards,

Félix

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in that case reading SAP code may reveal how this field should be handled. I am guessing here so no guarantee that you can find answer in that class.

Cheers