Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

--------------------system description--------------

SAP Sourcing 9.0

SAP NW7.31 AS JAVA

IBM DB2 9.7

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting error while executing clause document.

----------------------Error Description---------------

Login with buyer link into the system-> it has all authorizations

then Goto -> Contract Management -> Clause Library -> Clause list -> Click on New button -> Click on Add button -> Browse Document

it is showing POPUP with Error that "There is a problem with the Contract Generation web service Contact your system administrator"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and Regards,

Murtaza Najmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

it has been resolved

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a seperate server that contains a seperately installed wordservice. Has this configuration been done? Did this ever work before?  If it has not, it needs to be.  If it has been done, the wordservice may need to be restarted.

Gary

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reply..:)

yes wordservice is installed in our system and i have checked with restarting iis server, but still facing the same issue.

which service are you talking about to restart?

Thanks and Regards,

Murtaza Najmi

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Has the wordservice ever worked?  it still could have configuration issues.  doing IIS stop and start typically is enough to restart the wordservice. Is this wordservice installed on the same server as sourcing or a seperate one?   You should be able to use the url contained in the system property:

contractgen.serviceurl in your browser to get to the wordservice.  Can you do that?

Gary

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

it is standalone system i have, everything i have installed on one server.

i have already checked with restarting IIS server, and i can see word service while running url in contractgen.serviceurl, word service is running fine on browser but when i upload the document a popup window comes with error as i have shown above in my query

Thanks once again Gary for replying

Thanks and Regards,

Murtaza Najmi

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

So it seems at this point you will have to go through the logs in both the sourcing application and the wordservice itself.  I assume this has never worked before as you have not answered that question.  Please keep in mind that the newest versions of the sourcing application will have a native solution for contract generation. In this version there is no need to install and maintain a separate service.

Regards,

Gary

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I have checked the logs, it is showing Null Pointer exception.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Murtaza Najmi

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you file a support ticket and include the logs from both the application and the contract gen server.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You said, i have everything installed on one server?

Word-service to my knowledge needs to be installed on a separate windows server. Has this been done? Also before even that, has this ever worked for you before?

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

i have installed everything on one server in DEV and QA

in DEV everything is running fine while on QA i am facing problem

i have compared everything, but not getting the exact issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Murtaza Najmi