cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check - manual allocation for only one sold-to account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a material that I would like to prevent a particular customer from receiving - is there a way that I can prevent the availability check for all sales orders for only 1 sold-to account from occurring on all incoming sales orders (i.e. I need to prevent order quantities from being confirmed for a particular material in all incoming sales
orders but only for 1 sold-to account #)?

Is there a way that I can use the "manual allocation" rule in MM02 (MRP3 Tab -> checking rule -> manual allocation) so that it only restricts the sales orders from a single sold-to account from performing the availability check?

This particular sold-to is a high volume customer, and will place hundreds of sales orders every day and I need to ensure that the availability check does not allow a particular material to be confirmed and shipped.

The only way that I'm aware to prevent the availability check from occurring is by adjusting the Checking Group for Availability Check in MM02.

Using SAP EC3 - Release 730 - any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An alternative suggestion to the ones above would be to use user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_002.

This is called just after an ATP check has been executed and affords you the possibility of changing the standard result of the availability check.

So in your case, you could apply logic akin to this:

IF SOLD TO PARTY = '12345' AND MATERIAL = 'EXCLUDEMATERIAL'.

T_MDVEX-MNG02 (Confirmed Quantity) = ZERO.

ENDIF.

The material can be accessed via the ATPCSX structure while sold to party can be accessed via SAP memory. Obviously, the above is not the correct syntax - it is just a rough outline to demonsrate what is possible. By doing this, you would ensure that the confirmed quantity remains at 0.

However, I do agree that maybe the best solution for you is that the system does not allow the sales order to accept the material at all rather than preventing the availability / changing the availability result of the item.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you try with listing and Exclusion Functionality for this Customer??

Phanikumar

ng_ronen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

RA,

The following may work without coding.

1. Create a new "Item usage".

2. Create a new item category which will be determined with this new "Item Usage" as a criteria.

3. Create a new schedule line and assign a delivery block to it that will lead to "No confirmation". This schedule line should be configured to be determined whenever the new item category is determined.

Once the configs are done, create a customer material info record and enter the new usage for the required combination of customer and material. For this customer and material it should always determine the new schedule line which will not be confirmed. For other customers it should work the regular way.

But am curious why bring the material in into the order in the first place if it is never to be delivered. The standard functionality of Exclusion (as in listing/exclusion) may be used to prevent the customer from ordering.

Regards,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Listing inclusion/exclusion to prevent an item from being brought into SAP sales orders is not a functionality that we have used - how is the exclusion process implemented?

If the listing exclusion is used for a particular material and customer, what is it that actually happens to the excluded material in the sales order (orders received via EDI)? For the purposes of record keeping and data consistantcy, would the exclusion be recorded as a rejected line-item?

Also, will an exluded item have any potential impact on outbound EDI data (i.e. if line 5 is "excluded" does line-item 6 become line 5)?

Thanks again for all comments - I really appreciate everyone's input.

ng_ronen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

The excluded material will not appear in the order (the very definition is to "exclude" the material from the order). I am not sure whether the standard process code for message type ORDERS triggers the listing exclusion functionality. But this could be easily tested by simulating and incoming idoc with the exclusion  configured. In any case if you need the material to appear in the order then exclusion cannot be considered.

The config that I had suggested above will also not work as the "confirmed qty" is rendered zero only if the relevant delivery block is assigned to the order header. Plus it will keep the order open.

The only way out seems to be an enhancement. However, instead of playing with the confirmed quantity I would rather put a "reason for rejection" (created specially for this purpose). This will ensure a couple of things:

1. The item will be in the order and the reason for rejection can be used to identify which the item was not considered.

2. The item will not be relevant for delivery and will not be confirmed. (changing just the confirmed qty. means it is still relevant for delivery).

3. Because of the above reason the order will not remain "open" as a result of this item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RA,

Although it seems like a bit of overkill, Standard Product Allocation can meet your requirements.

Product Allocation - Availability Check and Requirements in Sales and Distribution Pr - SAP Library

Set this customer's allocation for this material to zero, and set wild card (all other customers) to a large number.

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the requirement is to block one material for one Sold To, I dont think, you can automate the process through standard configuration.  The other alternate options are

• assign Delivery Block in sale order which has already been suggested
  • change manually in sale order either the availability check or schedule line category

The above process is manual and if you want to automate, you have to explore relevant user exit

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Delivery block is theonly way that I know to stop ATP.

Also review MV45AFZZ too

Regards

Waza