cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Attribute <SAP Notes> does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Firstly... Newbie alert, please be gentle!

This is my first install of NW and I'm having real problems.

So I have a new server (Windows 2008 R2 DataCentre Edition) and have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 (manually, but as per the instructions in the installation guide - I couldn't use SQL4SAP as my database instances needed to live on a drive other than C:).

The installation of that I've done a thousand times, so was straighforward. Now comes my problem...

So I ran SAPINST and chose SAP NW 7.3 EHS1, drilled-down to Standard Package (I'm installing everything on a single box), and proceeded through the steps. All is well until I get to choose my SQL Instance and the I get this exact message:

"Caught ::EKdException in module call: The attribute <SAP Notes> does not exist"

I checked in SQL and no new tables have been created, so this error seems to be because they weren't built for some reason.

I looked through the log and found the SQL scripts that were trying to run and they seem fine. My user account has full admin rights on the machine, and has sysadmin rights on the database, so there is no reason these scripts should not have run.

I can't run them manually, as there are some $ delimited variables in the scripts, and I'm not sure what the values should be.

Anyone seen this before? When the spiders trawl this webpage, it will be the first time this error has appeared on Google - trust me, I checked!

There are no SAP Notes for this either.

Maybe I should wipe out SQL Server 2008 and try 2012 instead? Or is that not where the problem lies?

Anyway, error message attached - any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This looks like a bug in SWPM 1.0 SP05

According to that post it is working with SWPM 1.0 SP04

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yves!! That was the answer! I'm having other issues now but at least I'm passed that one - SP04 seems to run without this error.

Thanks again, you saved at least some of my hair

Best wishes,

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Which version of SWPM you are using for installation ?

Try with latest version of SWPM SP9 or SP10 and post the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

As per SAP PAM ( Product Availability Matrix) I do not see Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter edition being supported.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=s%3DNetweaver%26o%3Dmost_viewed%257Cdesc%26st%3Dl%26rpp...

As you mentioned you already have MSSQL 2008 installed already manually but do you have any SAP instance installed already ?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori