cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Record Values IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to fill the control record values manually for sending from PI 7.1 Integration Engine testing tab. The confusion is regarding these forur fields, SNDPOR, SNDPRN, RCVPOR and RCVPRN. Where do we check for the values of these?

Is the values in RFC Destination for PI and ECC to be used for SNDPRN and RCVPRn. Also can we have to use the port used in IDX1 Transaction in PI pointing to ECC system as the SNDPOR?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those are the values which are set in the partner profile e.g. SNDPRN and RCVPRN are the logical system names.

Normally you do not have to fill the fields SNDPOR and/or RCVPOR in PI, they hold the port where the IDoc is sent out and are not used in the partner profile as far as I understand.

Can you elaborate further why you need to fill these control record fields ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a new system landscape. The business systems are created and we need to check whether the messages from PI are reaching ECC. so we are sending an IDoc from send message by selecting  Integration Engine in Component Monitoring of Runtime Workbench.

The target system is ready. I do not have access to ECC DEV as of now and we need to check this. So I was wondering how we can fill those values.

We have created an RFC Destination from PI pointing to ECC. Can we use that as the value for SNDPRN? And can we use the IDX1 port as the value for SNDPOR?

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need only to map the SNDPRT (with LS if it is a logical system) and  SNDPRN with the value that is used in the partner profile. That is the logical system name that is defined for your sending system.

Unless you also used  function,in the partner profile then you will need to map this as well to the field SNDPFC.

But there has to be a partner profile present in the recieving system, otherwise the message will not be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>We have created an RFC Destination from PI pointing to ECC. Can we use that as the value for SNDPRN? And can we use the IDX1 port as the value for SNDPOR?

No, u cannot use that as the SNDPRN.

Try this:

SNDPRN -> XI LS name (in WE20 partner profile should exist with the same name with ur inbound idoc)

SNDPOR -> SAP<PI SID> like SAPXD1 and hope in IDX1 u have created the same name while defining port

RCVPRN -> ECC LS name

RCVPORSAP -> SAP<ECC SID>

BTW, u could also header mapping to fill control record segments and avoid doing anything manually.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw it but it didn't help me. We don't have any active scenarios so we need to add manually the control record values