cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between Quality Info Record and Delivery Schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I know that Q-info record can be used to determine whether a source inspection must be carried out for a combination of material and vendor.

This is my situation. A Q-info record was created for material XXX and vendor YYY: source inspection instead of inspection at goods receipt was set.

A purchase order was created for material XXX and vendor YYY: 300 pcs. with the following delivery schedule:

Date Qty

1. 18.03.2014 30
  2. 18.04.2014 20
  3. 18.05.2014 40
  4. 18.06.2014 50
  5. 18.07.2014 60
  6. 18.08.2014 35
  7. 18.09.2014 25
  8. 31.12.2014 40

This is the worklist generated through QI07:

PO         Pos    Sch Material  Deliv.date      Sched. Delivered

1000109068 1      1    XXX      18.03.2014      30      0

1000109068 1      2    XXX      18.04.2014      20      0

1000109068 1      3    XXX      18.05.2014      40      0

1000109068 1      4    XXX      18.06.2014      50      0

1000109068 1      5    XXX      18.07.2014      60      0

1000109068 1      6    XXX      18.08.2014      35      0

From this list I can create inspection lots for source inspection, one lot for each scheduled delivery.

According to documentation, this is what should occur: "If a source inspection is not performed, the system creates an inspection lot for the goods receipt." This is OK but the behaviour concerns the WHOLE purchase order, not the single delivery schedule.

So, if I create a source inspection lot for schedule no.1 (30 pcs.) ONLY, no inspection lot for goods receipt will be created for the WHOLE PO.

According to your experience, is it possibile to manage an enhancement which allows to define the following behaviour:

1. Source inspection lot created and managed for schedule no.1

2. Any goods receipt with a quantity less or equal 30 pcs. generates no inspection lot

3. Further goods receipt generates an inspection lot (the case is: for schedule no.2 I am not able to carry out a source inspection, I will check material at goods receipt)

Generally speaking, for each scheduled position user should be able to decide whether a source inspection or an inspection for goods receipt must be carried out.

Thanks in advance for your help and co-operation

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me rephrase it before I proceed in this direction,

You are looking for an option where inspection lot should generate (either Source inspection or At the GR) on the basis of user consent.

In addition, GR quantity is another requirement where IL is not wanted when qty =<30 Pcs.

Pl confirm,

Besides, I'm curious to know why such need is there to inspect the same material procured from same Vendor in different ways?

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Yes, the aim is to generate an inspection lot (source or at GR) for each delivery schedule according to user consent.

This would be helpful in my company because the inspector does not have the opportunity to go to vendor's site to check each delivery schedule. So, according to his work commitments, he would like to say:

Schedule no.1 (30 pcs.) --> I will go to vendor's site --> source inspection --> no GR inspection for first 30 pcs. (provided in one or more GR, it's the same)

Schedule no.2 (20 pcs.) --> I cannot go to vendor's site --> GR inspection for these 20 pcs. (provided in one or more GR, it's the same)

and so on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, Andrea

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very peculiar scenario and I have never come across such in the past. I don't know if you maintain Stock after the GR. Considering the Source inspection into picture, I assume you don't control it once the GR is made.

In Q-info records, Maintain Source inspection along with other relevant QM settings.

When the Source inspection is required, system would follow the maintained settings. When there is inspection requirement after the GR (and not Source inspection), you can go for Manual inspection lots and do the RR and Usage decision.

This way you can look after both the scenario and corresponding inspection lots.

Pl look after this feasibility if you don't want to go for any kinda enhancement.

This is best I can think of at this moment.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Manual Inspection lot after GR would not be appreciated because material would be checked in unrestricted use instead of quality inspection stock.

So I suppose the only way is an enhancement. I need to understand if any user exit or BAdI allows the modification required with a low/medium effort.

Thanks again

Andrea

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

If you go to Control key Config, and check GR control/Batch field you can set two Controls in standard; 1.  Do not Create New Inspection Lot  2. Create New Inspection lot.

Your requirement does not fit into this.

I would suggest to implement enhancement QAAT0002. Same has been suggested in Documentation (F1) for GR control/Batch field.

First Batch in Source Inspection Lot: GR Control

Use

Your entry in this listbox controls the creation of a new inspection lot at
goods receipt of a batch material, if the batch in the goods receipt document is
different from the batch given in the source inspection lot.
If there is an entry for the vendor batch field and the batch field in the goods receipt
document, the system also checks whether the vendor batch is contained in the
source inspection lot and if it is consistent.

If you decide to create an inspection lot, this occurs under the following
preconditions:

• No batch was entered in the source inspection lot.
  • A batch was entered in the source inspection lot that differs from the batch
    that was entered in the goods receipt document.
  • The vendor batch is contained in the source inspection lot, but it differs
    from the vendor batch in the goods receipt document.

If you want to use a different control from the standard, you can implement
the enhancement QAAT0002.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

this enhancement looks really helpful

Thanks very much

Andrea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the inspection lot control set at in the 01 inspection type set up?  Is it set for each material document item?  I'm thinking that maybe it's not.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig.

Current setting for inspection type '01' is "Control inspection lot for each material document item".

Andrea